Sign in to follow this  
randal

A Thank You :: randal's ex-rado

Post on last page:

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 112#636112

Just a few pics of the wagon, before I start getting creative :)

The guy who had the car before me dropped shrick cams, and a k&n filter in there, which was a bonus. All I've done so far are a few cosmetic/funcitonal things so far - lupo wipers, passat handles etc..

Waiting on a head rebuild, flowing and porting from JMR. Also a Miltek S/S system is going on there at the same time.

Future plans include new shocks with a 40mm drop, a trip to the coachworks to sort out the minor body work niggles, and I'm tempted to do something with the wheels too. See how they look after the drop.

Anyways, cheers for looking.

randal

It's gotta happen, the thing looks like a 4x4 - especially when it's parked on a slope. :?

Ah well, it's on the list of things to do.

Thanks for the comments

randal

Good point. However, even if I did want to rush it - Mr Bank Balance would have other ideas... It's not like my lottery winning daydreams of buying a C, then sinking 10K into it off the mark... Mmmmm 2.9 supercharged wonder.... *drool*

Ooh thet brings back memorys, thats just how mine used to look :D Looks like a gooden though!

Does it go well with the schrick cams? Dont suppose you can tell what difference they make as you bought it with em

Too true, it was the first C I'd driven too - so rather difficult to suss. It picks up rather nicely, and yeah, it's got a bit of poke. Needs more though! After talking with Mr JMR, seems like I'm looking at a nice little power hike from the head work/exhaust - will have to see what it's putting out at Austech on the 19th.

Cool, interested to hear how the head work alters things...keeps us informed :wink:

Few things have changed in the last couple of weeks.

Got the Milltek cat back on there now, awesome sound - nothing overpowering just a subtle note. Like that!

Errm, yesterday got creative and swaped out my front engine mount and the clutch slave cyl, blimey what a difference that makes! FInds every gear without hassle, and the pickup is a little happier now. Just want to get my ride height sorted, gonna be a few weeks before my springs materialise, which is a bummer :(

Oh and got the later spec grille on there now, plus a new gear knob - yay for GPC!

250 from the cat back, and the front pipe is gonna be 250 again. Speak to Mr JMR (16VG60) for full details :D

Absolutely love that colour :cool: I used to have an mk2 golf in the same.

Me too, just needs a little TLC and it'll back in all it's former glory. :D

250 from the cat back, and the front pipe is gonna be 250 again. Speak to Mr JMR (16VG60) for full details :D
8)

Yep you are right, the 1.8 16v is cat-less. So it's the closest thing to a cat on those cars anyway! It's from the front pipe, but people still call it "cat-back" for some reason. Any takers? :roll:

on the 1.8 16v there is a silencer on the down pipe which can be confused with a CAT

but sadly this is one of the 16v probs as it causes a bit of back pressure meaning if always reved ull blow the baffles inside :(

but there is a way round it buy getting yourself a 2L 16v or G60 down pipe and then using a CAT bypast pipe and ull notice the car drives alot better and a few bhp sould be realised aswell ;) ;)

Looking good buddy - haven't spotted your thread on here before... so do you think the milltek will help you get away from the 406 next time :p :lol:

Maybe not, but I'm thinking a cleverly positioned hook+rope a la Gone in Sixty seconds style might help me out some :D :D :D

LOL you nutters :lol:

i saw Phil K the other day in his 406 he's a loon LOL races past me @ 100mph LOL i dident think those tanks went that fast... :lol:

You ever have one of those days where you just shouldn't have got out of bed? Sigh, yep today.

Long and the short of it, had a van glance off of the side of me :( That'll learn me for not paying attention.

[web]http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=661[/web]

Still, it's going back up on the ramps for the work I've had planned for weeks and I've just sourced a door and a wing (the driver's side is rusted to hell around the indicator) in met grey from a 90 valver (how handy??) so it's not all doom and gloom... :)

Just hope my mate at the bodyshop is gentle on my wallet!

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek :shock:

gutted for you buddy - you know I have a spare door too if that helps at all (I did read your post so asume it won't but it can't hurt to offer ;) )

You'll save some money fitting the wing and door yourself and of course I'll be happy to help with that too 8)

EDIT: just noticed I've posted on this page the same amout of times as you :lol:

EDIT (part deux): thats why I'm special :roll:

You da man Phil, much appreciated. I ended up mailing a dude on ebay whos sorting me out good whole shooting match. I'm dead chuffed they're both grey items, won't look too out of place until I can afford the body shop work in July. Well unless I fit that dragon green door on the passenger side :lol:

Wasn't somebody talking about making a harlequin rado at one point?? :D