andygal

Corrado VR6 - No OBD Port??

Hi,

I was out having a look for my OBD port on my 1994 Corrado VR6 however, I cant seem to find it! Its not under the gear surround and the only cables are the ones shown below....none of which are OBD1.

photo3_zps12f2458e.jpg

Does anyone have any idea where else my OBD connector could be or would it have had an OBD2 connector that has been removed?

Confused!!

Thanks, Andy

Could it not be that the centre console has been removed at some point and when refitted pushed the wires out of sight?

Thats what I thought but I have the OBD1 connector and its 100% not those plugs.

Will try popping the trim off and see if its been buried!

The next question is - wtf are those plugs doing there instead? :)

Thats a good question!! God knows what there for or where they go.... Any suggestions would be great!! Heated seat loom? Air con loom???

The brown plug is the OBD feed, Yellow as power and grey as data.

The Black is the power feed for the ashtray light or heater control lights I think?

The single grey plug is also a diagnostic data feed I think?

There should be a multiplug behind the centre console where the data feeds plug into and then there is a obd plug feed coming from that. Bit naff photos on my screen though so not entirely sure.

Amazing thanks for the help!! Why would they have connectors rather than the OBD1 plugs?

Thanks

Ahh got you!! Thanks for the help - it is great here. Need to get a new obd connector and hopefully that will be me :)

All,

Thanks for all the advice. It was spot on and after a spot of wiring I was able to scan my VR6 :) I have made up a bracket with an OBD2 port in it and wired this straight up to the plugs so that I can use my normal Vagcom cable with it.

Thanks again,

Andy