Brunty's Dad

Twin round headlights from USA

VW Volkswagen Corrado 90-95 Black Halo Projector Headlights on ebay

I have been exploring this route to better lighting after the dismal failure of an HID system. Easy enough to work out the cost but does anyone know what the import duty/VAT is likely to be?

Also not sure that they would be UK legal as the dip would be set up for RHD/

Import duty is roughly what vat costs you in this country. Normally plus a small fee from parcel force as they pay it on your behalf. Otherwise if that doesn't happen normally the courier knocks at the door and requires paying the import duty fee before releasing the item, which is annoying as they normally turn up unexpected when you have no money with you lol.

Unsure about which way the headlights point unfortunately

Try fitting an uprated headlight loom with some Osram nightbreaker bulbs. Cheap, easy and gives fantastic results.

Cars fitted with aftermarket headlight setups really **** me off as they always blind you.

To be honest I would go down the up rated head loom route as well . These lights can be a right pain . They are not set up for our cars . You will proberbly find there are no adjusters on them either , so you will have to remove them off your oem lights . These being 20 odd years old are brittle and will more than Likley break . Six years ago I bought a set , in this country and all the above happened . I only had them on the car a month before going back to oem .

Rob

Edited by robrado974

Parts arrived today. Easy fitting but had to wait for dark to try them out. Not brilliant by modern standards but a huge improvement over original and the crappy ebay HID kit.