Mr_Rossy

Headliner colours?

Guys, I've got a grey headliner and sun visors in my car but wondered if they made a black headliner? does anyone know?

Thanks Matt

Grey only as far as I'm aware . There is a thread somewhere , where someone recovered theirs in black .

Edit I forgot the cream

Rob

Thanks, I was thinking about doing the re-trim in black but woried about the sun visors and the sunroof seal

I used spray on mine and coloured it black. Also resprayed the sunvisors black. I used paint specially designed for recolouring plastic trim though (from one of the care restoring companies). Spraying the headlinings alright, but it will show marks if you scrape something along it. In the end I gave up, and had mine professionally recovered with dark grey Alcantara.

I have a black headlining that I did last year. I re trimmed the headliner, sunroof panel, strip at the top of the windscreen and the light surround in black alcantara (which was very easy to work with). I sprayed my sunvisors with some special vinyl spray that I bought from halfords which is a nice finish and doesn't scratch. I dyed my sunroof seal with dye from furniture clinic and it has maintained it's original feel.

I'm always amazed that over the years no ones found donor parts from another car in black. Of course a headlining would need to be trimmed, but there are so many vag cars with dark sunvisors/sunroof trims surely one must fit?

Trimmed mine myself. One of the best things I did, looks so much better inside now.

I tried a few different sunvisors but didn't find any that fit. Saying that though you could probably make them fit by tweaking the headlining cutouts which would then be covered with the new material.

Oh Porsche 924 sunvisor clips are black and are a perfect replacement for the standard corrado ones.

Almost 10 years later...... and a slight aside, does anyone know the closest faux suede match for the cream roof lining? Ive seen a few interesting looking fabrics with either 4 way stretch or with the foam lining. My plans are either:

- Headlining in foam backed fabric, trims in faux suede

- headlining and trims all in faux suede

- headlining and trims all in foam backed fabric

I saw someone had his parcel shelf supports done in fabric which really dis look good, hence considering option 3. But i don't know which would be easiest to work with given the curves etc on some of the trims

Edited by fla