Langsam

No wipers, no cry.....

I've had this fault for some time now, well the whole time I've owned my C. As is the way it's on my to do list. Anyway, when stripping down the drivers side wiper arm I've found the metal bush that spindle passes through is very warn. Which is obviously affecting the way the wiper works. Are these bushes a standard part I could get?

Also the motor I think is on it's last legs due to the fact any speed over 50mph and it struggles to bring the arms down. I take it it's a new motor time? How easy is it to remove the motor? And can these be bought new aswell?

Cheers

Not sure about the bush but replaced the motor on mine recently. Old one was fine mind you.

Remove the two (22mm?) nuts underneath the wipers. Remove the 10mm (or 13mm can't remember). Move the mechanism towards the centre of the car and remove motor side out. Unclip the wiper connecting arm - its a ball joint. Remove the three 10mm screws holding the motor on.

Clean and regrease thoroughly. Refit new motor. Easy job you can do it in an hour hut you may like to clean up the scuttle area and polish a few bits in which case it will take a little longer!

Cheers fla for the response and info.

Does anyone have the part number for the motor? I'm struggling to find it in vagcat.

if you look on ebay under 'corrado wiper motor' you'll find it. Around £27 posted.

Grr, mine have just gone too. Washers still work so the fuse is OK and it must be the motor. Guess it didn't like the pollen!

Ebay says the whole assembly is 536 955 113 (can't confirm that...) but the wiper alone is 535 955 119C.

Stone

I need a new one too. Fitted a set of lupo wipers and arms a couple of weeks ago, and they were tested properly for the first time on the drive up to Bruntingthorpe. They're Ok going up, but very slow to return. Obviously the extra resistance has shown it to be past its best.

Just got a new Bosch unit from GSF (their part number 940VG0020, corresponds to 1C0 955 119) for £35.95. From VW that's 109.57...!

Stone