Strugs

Temperamental central locking..

Apologies if this has been covered..

I have temperamental central locking.. never works on driver's door (i.e. key in driver's door just does driver's door..), and only occasionally works in passenger door (i.e. sometimes does whole car, mostly just does passenger door!).

Where should I start??

First port of call is to remove the door cards and check the hose to the connection . My bet is ,its not on properly and the air is escaping , so its not operating the locks .I recently worked on mine , sorting the window rollers and other bits . I put the doorcards back on and tried the central locking , the drivers side would not work , as the tube had been disturbed .

Edited by robrado974

First port of call is to remove the door cards and check the hose to the connection . My bet is ,its not on properly and the air is escaping , so its not operating the locks .I recently worked on mine , sorting the window rollers and other bits . I put the doorcards back on and tried the central locking , the drivers side would not work , as the tube had been disturbed .

Cracking, ta..

Check the switch wires to the door handle - they corrode and break very easily so be careful!

Is that taking the handle off externally, or from within with the door card off?

I've just had this issue and sorted it easier than I thought. Take off the door card and push down on the rod to the pump, if that works fine every time then it's more than likely just an issue that the pump isn't being fully engaged every time.

My issue was just that the door handle hadn't been fitted very well and flexed upwards slightly meaning the rod wasn't making the limit for the pump but still opening the door individually.