deamon90002004

how do i clean......

hey all, how do i clean my intercooler? im thinking of getting some jizer and filling it, but i don't know how to take it off, i know how to remove the rubber pipes off in the top of the bay from the charger and manifold, but thats as far as i get

i've heard it's four bolts for the ic itself, but do the plastic pipes get removed too? are they on rubbers at the other end? if so i had a feel round the bottom closest side to the gear box and it was a tad oily (so thinking of changing the pipes too) but as i said not a clue how to remove it, if it's on rubbers etc

Can't help with removal but petrol works well for cleaning. Stick a bit in, say half a litre or less and give it a good shake around, that should remove any oil residue in there.

If it's a G60, you will need to remove the front bumper to get the intercooler off.

As for cleaning I sprayed brake cleaner in there till ran clear, the sprayed some more and shook it about and and drained. Repeated this till the can was empty. Then filled the intercooler with washing and up liquid and water. Let it sit for a bit, then rinse out with water.

You will find 2 bolts behind the arch liner, the third one is front of the intercooler. But there should be an air duct in front of it that will stop you getting access. Unless yours is missing like the persons in that link, then you won't need to take the bumper off.

Can't help with removal but petrol works well for cleaning. Stick a bit in, say half a litre or less and give it a good shake around, that should remove any oil residue in there.

Gets my vote too, 1/4 litre for cleaning and another 1/4 for a rinse = 70p

i used brake cleaner to clean my discovery intercooler

what do you have to do to fit a disco cooler? i've read it's smaller than a sprinter and apparently only needs one hole drilling in the slam panel to fit?

the intercooler is still fitted to my discovery,ive got a universal one for my corrado which i hope fits in the near future

the intercooler is still fitted to my discovery,ive got a universal one for my corrado which i hope fits in the near future

thats no good, needs to be on the corrado more ;)