robrado974

Correct bonnet foam glue ????

I have chucked the instructions now , I'm sure it said 3m 80 ?? Just come back to the car , From putting it on this morning and it's all fallen off .

Says 3m #80 or #90. heard of this happening before thats why i havnt applied mine yet. Think the best way is to take the bonnet off and apply so the pads are facing upwards and apply pressure to them.

Mine was ok. I know paint was original. Did have a little come unstuck but glued back on fine.

Was your paint lacquered? I did spill some of the glue on my engine cover and it reacted with that slightly, but I painted that myself.

I've used the same glue 3M 80 and its still held on.

Did you degrease the bonnet first, and let the glue get tacky for a minute?

The bonnet has been painted recently . I did wait before sticking , when I do it again this week I will give it more time

Rob

I used those magnetic trays you get for holding screws etc, put the foam on, then used the trays to hold it it place while it dried, otherwise its constantly trying to fight gravity and you could be there for ages holding it up by hand.