Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

BBS Direct

On the drop down menu where it is probably defaulted to 'Alloys' select 'Contact Info'.

You then select local branch and it has details of contact info.

London branch is:

10-11 Thurrock Park Way, Tilbury, Essex, RM18 7HZ

Tel: 01375 489500 Fax: 01375489501 e-mail: mailto:[email protected]

Birmingham branch, which is probably further from you:

Unit 39, Kelvin Way Trading Estate, Kelvin Way, West Bromwich, B70 7TP

Tel: 0121 500 5655 Fax: 0121 500 5955 e-mail: mailto:[email protected]

It also gives a little map for each branch as well :)

Cheers mate. My browser is obviously up the swanny as I couldn't find the contacts info!

Ah Thurrock, nice one, an hours drive :lol:

Do I get RCs, do I get RDs, do I get RXs or do I not bother with 17s at all? I'm bored of the Speedlines but *know* I'll hate the ride of 17s....... hmmmm

K

Nah, don't do it. More important (i.e. functional!) things to spend yer money on than bling mate.. ;)

Yeah you're right..... the ride quality is going to suck and tramlining and bumpsteer will no doubt worsen too.

Wallet - 1, Wheels - 0

K

I've just picked up some 17" RX II off ebay for £300. Think they really suit the car. Quite like the RK too. Bought them incase I want to get a big brake upgrade and they were a bargain!

God damnit.

I've been combing eBay religiously for the past few weeks every since RobyD got a set of 17" BBS RZ's WITH tyres for £300, and I can't find any deals as good as this.. guess I just need to keep my eyes peeled!

Theyre not actually BBS dirct their the UK distribution company for them named Motrosport wheels. Ive dealt with them alot through my part time job and they are useless! I got a lovely set of brand new 17" RZ with toyo's last week for £200 , call it a perk of the job :wink:

Im not to sure if Motorsport sell to the public, dont quote me though! Im gona try and put up some pics of my new wheels this week too!

Yeah I found that out today when I called the BBS Direct number! The advert failed to mention it's a trade only outlet :roll:

Theyre not actually BBS dirct their the UK distribution company for them named Motrosport wheels. Ive dealt with them alot through my part time job and they are useless! I got a lovely set of brand new 17" RZ with toyo's last week for £200 , call it a perk of the job :wink:

Im not to sure if Motorsport sell to the public, dont quote me though! Im gona try and put up some pics of my new wheels this week too!

:(

I take it you can't get any more at that price!

Motorsport wheels will sell direct to the public just quote being a member of a car club,ie CCGB or Club GTI and the will offer you anything they sell,with a discount too :)

I agree the site is very misleading! Did you also find out how unhelpful the staff are?

The guy I spoke to had a bit of an attitude initially but when I explained about the BBS direct site blunder he was then very helpful and pleasant.

*cough* 16s! *cough!*

I've been looking too and want 16's but also want to make sure I will be able to fit the Brembo's in the future...

1 - What is the best size 16 and offset, and tyre profile etc to fit a Corrado without rubbing (35mm lowered)

2 - What is the rolling radius compared to the 195/15's and how much will it affect the speedo?

3 - Does anyone have 16" BBS's fitted over Brembo's? - If so what model, offset and demensions?

... also does anyone know if Halfords / BBSdirect give any other tyre choices apart from the Toyo's?

Rolling radius guide is here:- http://www.mmm-five.net/Corrado/Wheel_Table.html

I think 16s are a waste of time. You're paying all that money for 1 more inch. Not worth it. The C looks way better with 17s, no question.

You don't have to use Brembos, you can use the 312mm setup from the Audi TT.

I have it on good authority the RC fits over the Brembos, which is the wheel I'm going for.

K

What Offset are you going for Kev? I just know that the 17's (ET25 I think) that were on the car rubbed all the time on full lock and over bumps and that was befroe lowering, mind you the stiffer suspension may help prevent this.

That's a grand's worth of wheels then!? :shock:

Blimey!

Now what are you going to do to replace the 20 horses you lose to the bigger wheels.. ? ;)

Supercharged - That was most likely down to the ET being 25.

The offset I'm going with is 35 with 205 section tyres. In theory that combination shouldn't cause rubbing issues.

Matt - I shouldn't lose too much acceleration. BBS wheels are very light and the rolling radius isn't massively different over stock.

But we'll see!

Nah Jim i cant get any more at that price, they were ex display and my manager hasnt got a clue what they were worth, i just offered him £200 cash and the rest is history! If anyone wants to come down to my store they get 25% of 17" and over and they can use my 15% discount too!

so kev.. you going for them,???? :D

I will be at some point in the near future. Got some steering issues to sort first - AGAIN :mad:

Why does everything good that happens to my car last 5 bloody minutes....grrrrrr

But yeah....a nice set of RCs shall be gracing my car very soon :lol: