ryan_welshman

Idle problem solved!!!!

Got a 92 2.016v and had trouble with running rich, erratic idle and stalling on low revs/ heavy breaking and engine running more lumpy than cold custard!!

Took it to my garage today, the chap simply adjuated the fuel/air ratio with an alan key on thw meter head and the hydricarbon level went from 5500 to just a mere 120, now she runs perfect and alot more nippy!!

Over the past few months I have replace the thermostat, water temp sensor, cleaned out the throttle body as well as the components on the air box and double checked for any air leaks but it seemed to be sorted by, as I said before, the mechanic adjusting the fuel/air ratio screw on the meter head!

Hope this helps other people with the same problem :)

Edited by ryan_welshman

This sounds exactly like mine but mine hesitates really badly as well. I'll def try this before any of the expensive options! Thank you

Damn it I was getting excited that this would work for my VR :scratch: same type of problems as stated above

Oops - I didn't think of that. Should have known better than to hope for a cheap and easy fix!!

That is high hopes, when is anything cheap and easy :bonk:

Oops - I didn't think of that. Should have known better than to hope for a cheap and easy fix!!

what have you tried so far to resolve your problem? , I would look into Spark plug leads ,MAF sensor and check the air intake hose for splits ,

Err, the 2l metering head is factory pre-set, half the 16v problems are due to people messing with the metering head to compensate for something else which is at fault, I'm not saying the metering head hasn't been tampered with previously but if the mechanic doesn't know the ke jet system properly and attempts to set it up as basic kjet he can do more harm than good.

Err, the 2l metering head is factory pre-set, half the 16v problems are due to people messing with the metering head to compensate for something else which is at fault, I'm not saying the metering head hasn't been tampered with previously but if the mechanic doesn't know the ke jet system properly and attempts to set it up as basic kjet he can do more harm than good.

Absolutely correct. Many a 9A has got running problems due to things being adjusted that should be left alone, unless the person knows what they are doing.

The mechanic I deal with only deals with older cars and knew exactly what was what and hes not a "lets have a go and see what happens" kinda chap. So my raddo is in pretty safe hands :)

Yeah, but you don't adjust the metering head on a 9a, it has a tamper proof cap on from the factory!