spanneredmonkey

Just rescued my old Car from the Scrapper!!

Well done mate for saving her . As far as i know the oil light and the temp always flash when you turn the ignition on . Mine always has anyway .

Well today I had a closer look at the paint without it raining, there is 1 little rust patch top right of the screen so will get the rubber pulled back, it's not under the rubber just on top,

Unwired the surelock immobiliser as it was not letting me de activate it, so ripped it out and connected the spliced wires, with the ignition turned to 2 the pump runs and there is fuel at the rail, however no spark, not played much with coil packs so not sure where to go from here? I can't find any wiring diagrams can anyone help the link to Bentley online I had doesn't work anymore

Dont mention online and Bentley at the same time !.I think it causes all sorts of trouble . You will need to test the coilpack with a multimeter ,also crank the car in the dark , is there a crack in the pack ? you will see sparks in the dark . How old are the leads ?,they may be very corroded ?.

Just been out to crank it no sparks, will get the multi meter out tomorrow and test the voltages, I have been reading that I need to test the 109 relay,check the ecu connections and test the cam sensor, I have the feeling that there is an issue getting power from the fuse board to the engine, I need to find some wiring diagrams

Ok 109 relay functions, fuel relay 167 clicks, where is best to break into the fuel to see if there is fuel?

On the 5 pin plug to the coil pack there is voltage between 1 and 5 and 5-2-5-3 flashes an led test light

Still have no spark, now can't hear the fuel pump run, is this pointing towards a crank sensor or the like?

Well done mate for saving her . As far as i know the oil light and the temp always flash when you turn the ignition on . Mine always has anyway .

mine too rob

glad you got it up and going, what was it in the end chap?

The after market imobiliser was shagged, so I ripped it out and the ecu relay 109 wasn't operating correctly so swapped it out and she started, running a bit lumpy and rich but I will give her a good service and go over the electrics as it's a bit messy under the dash, I have found that the clutch pedal looses pressure unles you lift it back up with your toe so I have to sort that too

Had the same problem and was the slave. Got the cheap one from gsf that broke the second I put it on. Advice against it.

Found today that pressure was releasing over night so pedal was on the floor in the morning. Was just a loose connection to the slave.