Chaz!

New member (of this forum) just bought my first Corrado!

Hi everyone,

I'm new on here but have an account on E38 and have been going to most of the shows for about the last 5 or 6 years, have had a mk2 golf for most of that time and its been off the road for a while while I sorted a load of bits and did an engine swap to a 1.4 16v on bike carbs, its nearly finished now but a week or so ago this Corrado came up that an older gent round the corner has had since 1992, i went to have a look and it needs a few things doing but for £500 and having always wanted a corrado I went for it, its a 1992 VR6 in aqua blue pearl (i think, sticker in the boot is a bit faded) i know it needs new suspension (coilovers on the way) and a heater matrix but other than that it seems very solid and runs really nicely, on driving it back the clutch sticks to the floor occasionally so i'm guessing slave cylinder and the mfa worked on the test drive but not now so may do the battery trick

Anyway i've gone on for long enough, and again hello!

Welcome! Enjoy doing the heater matrix - PITA job on the Corrado requiring the dashboard to come out! :(

hello there :)

I like your BBS gif :)

Hi, and thanks!

Welcome! Enjoy doing the heater matrix - PITA job on the Corrado requiring the dashboard to come out! :(

Haha yeah i've done a couple for people in mk2's, big pain but so much better when sorted, no more damp carpets or steam from the vents!

If the seals on the master cylinder are poor fluid leaks past them into the reservoir, if the seals on the slave are leaking the fluid ****es on the floor via the bellhousing.

I'd bleed it first if it was mine

Mine does it occasionally, but only if I ride the clutch a bit climbing a hill in traffic. I put it down to a piston seal wearing and sticking a bit.

Not much difference between the mk2 and corrado mechanics so I'm sure you'll be ok. If a heater matrix doesn't bother you. That tends to be the scariest job for a lot of people.

Yours looks awesome mate, yeah it was sitting on the clutch in stop start traffic that caused it I think, I'll give it a bleed anyway and see if that helps. Haha yeah done a few heater matrixs on mk2s, I don't think they are particularly difficult, just a long process but if you take your time and be careful they usually go okay. Can't get over how cool it is when the spoiler pops up at the moment haha