Turborado

Won't rev above 3500rpm

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can give me some help and guidance here!! I have a 1.8t AUQ conversion in my rado, running QPEng plug and play system. After changing the crank sensor for an OEM Bosch one from GSF I finally have the car running again. But the new problem has arisen now. When the car reaches 3500rpm the tacho drops back down to about 1000rpm. I have had Jon from Quantum out to my car and this has left him scratching his head, and my mechanic/auto elec scratching his head too. Any help would be greatly received.

Thanks

Sam

Sounds like the ECU is losing sync with the crank sensor. Is the QPeng an MBE unit? Could try them directly for some help?

The only time I saw that happen with my DTA ECU was when the crank signal wires were reversed. You'd be surprised how often that happens with crank sensors. I would only ever use genuine with a critical part like that personally.

Another thing you can check is the crank sensor distance from the trigger wheel. The 2 sensors may not be identical and the air gap could be too large.

As Kev says with the air gap, also could be a dodgy new sensor or a broken tooth off the crank trigger.

OK thanks guys i will have a check, im really hoping its not a problem with the crank trigger, I will post on here if/when we solve the problem