Rpmayne

Sunroof - Need to swap for something that works - Compatible alternatives?

Passat B4 estate glass sunroof is now in. It fits well, very slightly high (less than 1mm) at the middle front which I will try to minimise by adjusting the panel but the main thing is that IT TILTS AND SLIDES !! And the bonus is that all sorts of interior rattles have disappeared as well which must have been emanating from the old sunroof. The sliding blind is a perfect colour match (beige). There is hardly any wind noise and all I have to do now is get the headlining back in without breaking it.

Last thing on the list is to get the A/C working.

Best wishes

RB

I've got a late '90s SEAT Ibiza moonroof in mine, but due to struggling to find a decent motor, I have kept the manual winder in for now :D The Corrado panel fits in the SEAT mechanism too, but you have to use the matching inner trim, the sliding sun blind from the Ibiza roof won't work with the Corrado panel, and vice versa.

I put the roof lining back in today, having given it a good clean with Vanish carpet cleaner. Just to make sure that it didn't get damaged, I reinforced the back of the two rearmost tabs and the surround to the interior light/electric motor panel at the front; I bonded some thin plastic, (actually a piece of food container cut to size and bonded on with superglue to the back of the liner). I replaces the foam strips, which had fallen to pieces, with 3mm thick rubber draught excluder from Homebase. Hopefully this will prevent rattles and creaks.

Best wishes

RB