easypops

Subframe stripping questions

Full set of Irwins here as well if you need them. As for soaking with WD40 I usually spray loads of the stuff on the bolts, wrap/pack old strips of dish towel around the bolts, soak that with the WD40 as well and cover it with polythene or carrier bags. That stops the WD40 from evaporating as quickly and gives it more time to penetrate.

Must stop posting while ****ed

That was a fine post Wullie, the offer of the irwins is much appreciated too :)

I've got a hex head 18mm if you want it. Im just up the road in cardonald

Are you mate? Is that you out of Renfrew?

I'll maybe pop over later if you are going to be about this evening?

Ya, part one of the move is complete! Can drop it off to you later. Will get me away from the outlaws for a bit! Will pm you my number anyway

So, Diarmaid popped down yesterday with his 18mm hex bit, put it on my new breaker bar, whacked the first nut with a big hammer and gave it a go.....and out it came,result.

Nut number 2 got the same treatment but wasn't for budging and I managed to burst the socket...oops, sorry mate.

Hammered a 17mm impact socket on and tried again and slowly it started to move, then it snapped. So out with the drill, I got a nice depth with a 4mm bit then it snapped in the remainder of the nut, so at that point I gave up, ordered some new hacksaw blades and will get to it during the week.

Thanks for your help Diarmaid, much appreciated :)

No worries Martin! As I said, anytime you want a hand just give me a shout. More than happy to help.