VR6 Gar

How much money is there in breaking a VR6?

Given the car a good clean and took a few photos.

There are a fair few marks to the paint that I couldn't see last night through the dirt, however it is still in good nick for its age.

Actually contemplating selling the VRT to free up some money and keeping this :shocked!:

IMG_3737_zpsefccea7e.jpg

IMG_3742_zps4f47d8ab.jpg

IMG_3738_zps86d9abea.jpg

IMG_3740_zps24f181d2.jpg

IMG_3744_zps0ab9a0d6.jpg

IMG_3741_zps236c07a9.jpg

IMG_3746_zps3a17094b.jpg

IMG_3747_zps87e92673.jpg

IMG_3749_zpseda22bfd.jpg

IMG_3752_zps871704a6.jpg

IMG_3751_zps3304dff4.jpg

IMG_3753_zpsaffd1d67.jpg

IMG_3754_zps1bffda87.jpg

IMG_3755_zps8ad77601.jpg

IMG_3757_zps89773f0c.jpg

IMG_3756_zps95108382.jpg

Looks pretty clean, certainly cleaner/straighter than mine! Definitely not one for breaking, seems a great buy :thumbleft:

Edited by Ferosferio

Just been out for another drive and it looks like it will be getting broken :(

Cable tied the flap on the Schrick open and it made no difference to how the car ran up top. It did make the low end worse though so there is a problem elsewhere. Don't want to be spending money trying to find out what.

Unless someone were to take it off my hands for £2200 I just can't justify not breaking it.

Have you vagcom'd it yet? Could be something as simple as the cam position sensor if it's quite down on power.

And where did £2,200 as a sale price come from? Didn't you just buy it for under £1,700?

Not Vagcom'd it.

Bought it to make some money Jim. Could easily break it for over £2500, so would let it go for £2.2k if someone were interested to save me the effort.

Not Vagcom'd it.

Bought it to make some money Jim. Could easily break it for over £2500, so would let it go for £2.2k if someone were interested to save me the effort.

If you cant afford or don't want to be bother trying to fix it why don't you offer it for sale at a price that covers your expenses but still makes it attractive to another enthusiast?

Put it down to experience and allow someone else a chance to save it?-Seems a shame to break another good car for a few quid profit.

Capitalism at work. At least you were honest from the start with this thread. If you keep a tally of what you get I look forward to the final answer - can you double the £1,700 you paid for it?

Capitalism at work. At least you were honest from the start with this thread. If you keep a tally of what you get I look forward to the final answer - can you double the £1,700 you paid for it?

Possibly but it will take time serious time with some part's but possibly do-able

Its not easy, days off end up half over by the time you package and book couriers etc. Requests for part numbers and pics have you up and down like a yoyo, 5 times one Saturday evening saw me clambering into the garage loft and not one sale from it in the end.......

Its not easy money for sure

Its not easy, days off end up half over by the time you package and book couriers etc. Requests for part numbers and pics have you up and down like a yoyo, 5 times one Saturday evening saw me clambering into the garage loft and not one sale from it in the end.......

Its not easy money for sure

Totally Dox. I didn't buy mine to make money but to get bit's I was missing and to learn on which has been great and I have helped a few folk along the way. I do still have bit's but I would rather they went to people who I have had dealing's with to help out not out to make money from would rather help people.

Defiantly a shame breaking such a nice one.

If you go ahead and break her I'll have both sides fog/indicators, grille, both headlamps and possibly, if it could be couriered to Rome, the complete front bumper.

Gonna lock this up as it's rapidly turning into a breaking thread. Please start a thread in the breakers section should you decide to go grouch with it. Personally, it seems to good to break. However, after breaking two Corrado's myself, it can be worth while. You should make a minimum of £1.5k profit from a standard car. Black interior stuff always sells well compared to grey.

Edited by CazzaVR