Atki

My Vr6 REFUSES to Start

Hi all. Here is the question. Why won't my b****y car start! It will turn over no problem. There is a spark and it's healthy, there is petrol in abundance! Car will cough ....then diddly squat! Have changed plugs, camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor. Battery is good. Fuel pump good. Fuel relay working fine. Have checked airflow meter, idle valve, oil ( for water ) I'm lost as to what to do next. My mechanic friend has suggested that the cam shafts may have got out of line. and it's not making TDC. Going to check that next.!!!!

HELP please HELP

If it has spark and fuel the next thing I'd check is compression followed by timing.

Check the main air pipe from the maf to throttle body and the breather pipe attached to it at are not split, check connections in the maf, the coolant temp sensor and lambda for good connections and cleanliness

I know it's a lot to trawl through , but the search really is helpful . Robrados Rado non starter is one thread to look at . Believe me , I know and so do countless other forum members , it pays to check everything , before you start stabbing in the dark and ordering parts . Hopefully you will find the problem . Don't forget to post up , what the problem was , as it really helps others , when they have a similar problem . Good luck .

Rob

Edited by robrado974

When you say it coughs.. does it actually start and run, then cut out immediately afterwards?

When you say it coughs.. does it actually start and run, then cut out immediately afterwards?

Hi Jim. It almost starts to run but never makes it. after the first nearly splutter it then fails to fire at all. I leave it a couple of mins and try again and it does the same thing again.