Sign in to follow this  
imyhamid

new boy here advice needed...

hi there not been a member of this forum for long and just recently bought a corrado vr6. i have had the car about 9 months and have done a few mods:- big brake conversion at front, induction kit, and a few styling mods inside and out. The next thing i am looking at is the suspension. Iam looking at buying coilovers but dont know where to start. Ihave abut 700 quid to spend give or take. I am looking for a kit that will give me a comfortable ride day to day and track days. Also i am looking at puting 17's on after, so what will be the best setup. Also would like a strut brace for the front (upper). Any advice wolud be great full. Thanx. 1994 Corrado VR6, :D

Welcome to the forum.

Suspension for that budget...

Koni ~£600

FK ~£550

Leda ~£800+

Search for "VR6 AND suspension" or "VR6 AND coilver*"

There isn't a great deal of choice for strut braces, but I would say make sure that all other areas have been sorted first before spending money on a brace. Engine mounts, ARB's etc.

Strut braces arent worth the money - better off spending that cash on uprated ARB's...

cheers mate. i am in the north west wonder if you could tell me of the best place to buy and get fitted. Ihave just moved down from scotland and dont know the area to well, i have been to awesome gti where i got my brakes done and found them really helpful. just anothe thing when i get the susp done i want to get poly bushes all round. can you give me some advice on ARB's (which you recomend) and also enrine mounts. Sorry for all the ?'s but i love the car and want to make it look and drive the dogs.

For the North West mate I would recommend Dubsport in Wrightington, Lancs - they have a good rep!

Kev is your man for the ARB's.... I think Neuspeed are your best bet.... wouldnt go for poly bushes as the ride will be very hard..

For suspension Koni's or FK's your best bet.

Change your engine mounts - vibra technics front mount - makes a huge difference am told - doing this myself when my engine comes apart.... :shock:

Cheers

Scott

If you've got £700 for coilovers, you might want to take a look at H&R collies..... I have it on good authority they are very good.

Yep I use Neuspeed ARBs but they're expensive (about £400 pair) so you might want to look at Eibach ones if that's a bit much as they can be had from around £240 a pair.

Cheers

Kev

Dubsport Fitted my FK coilovers, also poly front Bushes, plus laser 4 wheel alignment (a must) for about what you've budgeted. No complaints here.