Wendy

Respray Booked.

The time has finally arrived .................

I have booked her in for a Respray !!

My dear VR has been getting more and more untidy and 3 pieces of rust 2 on wheel arches and one on the wing indicator, plus the usual stone chipped bonnet etc etc.

She was near immaculate when I bought her some 12 years ago, but 130,000 miles later, and up until a year ago my daily user - she deserves it.

It is booked in for Macrh next year as it is too cruel to have a Respray then drive her over Winter.

Sadly my 350z is crap in Winter. In the last year I have split my driving between the 2 cars and intend to continue with this.

Fortunately I do not need to many bits and Greg Howell of Southan Bodies who is doing the job said she is overal in good condition overall which made my day, albeit getting tatty now - I agree.

I do look forward to getting her back in pristine condition and enjoying caring for her again as I did for many years until my shoulders/back really started playing up and rust started to show when I usually then gave the Polish Boys the job - well with a bit of eye candy too helped !!! Hopefully I have a few Scouts now I could train in Car Washing Duties should ny back get bad again!!

Anyway, Anyone got a good VR 1996 Rear Bumper ?

Mine has the pressure cracks/splints on it - which may be OK, but would like another in reserve incase one is required.

Thanks

I'm amazed you're taking it in for a respray, Wendy! Fantastic news! I do have a rear bumper you're welcome to - it looks scabby but I think it's in good shape overall.

Have to ask you a few questions about the paint job (cost, how long he think's he will need it - you can PM me or tell me that sort of stuff when I see you next) - can't wait to see it all done! :)

Jim - that's brilliant re the bumper - Thank you.

So, why so amazed ? Think I have been rabbiting on about it for a while.........

It's not like I am going to be selling her anytime soon and I find it quite upsetting how shabby she is getting, so something had to be done.

Hopefully the engine and running will be good for a few more years so heavy money is not needed for that.

I have a late rear bumper going free to collector, JamieC has first refusal but should he decide he doesn't want it you can have second dibs.

I have an early rear bumper too, free to collector

Thanks Dox, I will take a look at Jim's first and let you know. Cheers

I have a late rear bumper going free to collector, JamieC has first refusal but should he decide he doesn't want it you can have second dibs.

I have an early rear bumper too, free to collector