Otto

Replacing fuel lines, is there better than OEM?

Hi folks I have a 94 vr6 corrado that am slowly bringing back to life.

I was moving it about the other day and got all the signs of a massive fuel leak, (strong smell and puddles on the flags!)

The car has been off the road for the past five years and since I know very little of the history of the car, I want to replace all the fuel lines from the tank up to the rail, since if one line is beginning to leak its likely the rest will follow.

I am a fan of oem, but i am a bigger fan of replacing oem with better if available and tried, tested and general accepted to be such.

Can i get the groups thoughts and opinions on this, happy to spend the money doing a job like this right and doing it once, also engine fires are expensive.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Dave

I replaced my fuel hoses (not the white and blue lines) with hose from halfords around 7 years ago and they're still fine. I would imagine you could also get fuel pipes too elsewhere.

Replace the hose clamps too. Don't use jubilees though or they'll leak!

The clamps each side of the fuel filter rust through and can cause leaks. Happened on mine. Took it to a garage when it was leaking and they couldn't find anything. So looked myself and noticed the problem.

I think the lines under the car are pretty strong and don't seem to perish. The two rubber ones on the side of engine are worth replacing too. Did mine but must of used naff stuff as they perished and cracked within a year. Might go for branded stuff next.

Demon tweeks sell alot of that type of thing.

Thanks guys, just checked with the local main dealer and they have said the oem pipes are obsolete, so will have to look elsewhere, vw heritage maybe.

They probably just buy them in from some large manufacturer tbh.

Am going to look into this at some point. I need to do mine.

Yeah want to do mine. Will just be using generic braided hose from somewhere like Demon Tweeks when I get round to it

On my mk2 vr6 i got brand new fuel lines front to back from TPS, but i ordered mk3 vr6 ones and they fitted perfectly so i would assume it would be the same story for the Corrado.

How did you get on with this as im about to replace the two on my vr6 as they leaked from the rail end. Ive bought good quality injector hose and wanted to know issues you had at the other end to the rail.?