Danny Ess

New sunroof seal - sunroof is broke

I washed my car last night and it seems as though part of the sunroof seal has fell away from the sunroof. It needed a new seal anyway so i am going to change it.

However, when i changed it on my Mk2 golf i think i had to wind the sunroof back but the sunroof on my corrado doesnt work (it's electric obviously so can't wind it back). Is it possible to get the sunroof off while it's broke?

I've recently removed a sunroof from a corrado I broke, the sunroof can still be easily removed even if the slide function isn't working.

The headlining needs to come out, then the actual roof is held in by maybe 8 bolts iirc, be careful with the drainage pipes on each corner, the ones on the one I removed seemed a bit brittle, although I managed not to break them.

It's not a difficult job but will take a few hours to do it carefully without breaking anything lol

If you take down the trim where the switch for the sunroof is there is a part you can use to wind back the sunroof behind there

does the headlining actually have to come out then? :/ seems abit drastic as i thought it would be the same as a mk2 ?

I only want/need to take the panel out not the whole sunroof assembly

Edited by Danny Ess

I thought that if the sliding mech on the sunroof was actually broken you had to take the roof out to remove the panel, sorry if I'm wrong and that's not the case?

Also If the track is broken then surely the manual Allen key winding won't work either?

If you can tilt the sunroof up then you should be able to remove the trim from the panel, this then reveals the four bolts that hold the panel to the sliding mechanism. You should be able to remove these to take the panel off without having to take the whole headlining out....

sunroof is completely broke...

Did you not sell your Corrado?

Headlining out I'm afraid

Edited by clumpy1