Sign in to follow this  
corradophil

High lift 2.0 16v cams fitted by VW

Yeah, but it would have been better in the Corrado, as we all know it was the best VW ever made, right?

I think so.

Build quality and reliability aside, it proved what VW *could* achieve in terms of handling, acceleration and sporty feel. Only the R32 comes close.

VW's best offerings were the MK1, MK2 16V, Corrado VR6 imo......

Alot more power from 2K upwards would be nice, especialy for £35.

Even with head mods. lightened flywheel, KR inlet cam it feels kind of lazy compared to either of my previous GTI 8 valves which were both standard.

Im suffering the same.just bought my parents a standard golf 16v and its much quicker than my corrado with lightened flywheel,4branch and 2 exhaust cams :cry:

I take it its because the corrado is lardy and has crap gear ratios.Im having mine rolling roaded next month,so will be able to post plots with cam mod

Ideally I would have got a G60 or VR6. Don't want to replace mine now because I have done loads to it, the only thing it lacks is power.

From reading posts relating to the 16V engine, I think with the right cams and set up there is hope of 170-180bhp which should be lively enough to keep me happy.

I drove my mums Renualt Megane 1.6 16v the other day and I have to say although its not as powerful it delivers the power in a much more lively way - mine just feels so flat.

Also raced a mate in a new Mini cooper 1.6 the other day (115 bhp) I had to push very hard to make any kind of gain on him, which he found funny after all the mods I've done to mine.