A5 VRX

263's and re-map

Just looking for this info on this really, what the benefits are, what's needed and where to buy/who to go to plus I suppose the price of it all. Are there any downsides?

thanks

Adam

Best person to talk to is Vince at Stealth racing in Southam

My thoughts exactly but Derby is quite a way from banbury. However, that said, vince is meant to be one of the best VR6 remappers about & his tenacity to produce a fantastic job is second to none

Having had 263's, a BMC & a vince special remap i can say the difference is beneficial. Power output tends to rise by approx 10% but power delivery & feeling under the go pedal is vastly improved :D

Search is awful but been googling for a while now, just was looking for owners actual views and what they thought of the mods

Thanks

Adam

I agree the forum search function can be tiresome lol

Do you know you can use google to search a forum?

Type the word/phrase you want to search then 'site:' then the forum address into google

So type this into google

263 cams site:the-corrado.net

and hit search

Sorry if you knew how to do that already, a lot of people don't seem to know about it lol

Edited by borachris

I agree the forum search function can be tiresome lol

Do you know you can use google to search a forum?

Type the word/phrase you want to search then 'site:' then the forum address into google

So type this into google

263 cams site:the-corrado.net

and hit search

Sorry if you knew how to do that already, a lot of people don't seem to know about it lol

excellent spot of advice there borachris - i will try & remember that syntax :)

I didn't know that, thank fella. Learn something everyday

I will have a word with Stealth also

Cheers

If everyone only used the search to answer questions the forum would eventually fade out. We almost need to go through the forum and compile "Corrado - The ultimate Guide" Like when a member passes away or leaves the forum, all their knowledge is floating around somewhere on here, would be a shame to lose it all. I know we have the wiki thing, but a nice manual by the owners would be cool. I might start one.

Nicely volunteered :) People always have suggestions for this kind of thing to be done, but no-one ever actually wants to step forward and do it ;)

Agreed on the search being schitt on here. 263 as a search term should bring back loads of results, but it returns absolutely nothing. Search for "263 cams" and you do get results. Bag o shyte.

Nicely volunteered :) People always have suggestions for this kind of thing to be done, but no-one ever actually wants to step forward and do it ;)

agree in the main jim - though we have been lucky enough for some users to help with guides etc for the wiki BUT they can be a challenge to find if people arent aware of it

In a nutshell, some cars make very little extra power, some make about 20 extra hp and some 30 extra, but the average is around 210hp.

Back in the day, you'd be lucky to get 215-220hp from the big 3 (Schrick 268, VGI & big throttle). Schimmel cams really are the jelly. Just don't use uprated springs with them as the iron quality is not as good as VW's / Schrick's.