Sign in to follow this  
kangaroo

Gear-stick/handbrake locks

Ever since I discovered my new VR6 wouldn't go up the driveway (its too low!!), I've had to park it on the road... :( So I thought I'd invest in some extra protection (one of which will be a new alarm, as soon as I can find the money.)

But what I wanted to ask was: do those Autolok gear/handbrake things fit on a Corrado? And are they any good? Its for visual deterent more than anything else.

Cheers.

Get the steering wheel lock - it's the only one that's "thatcham approved". £44 from Costco..

I didn't know locks can be Thatcham approved...? I bet the insurers wouldn't recognise it...

I've already got a steering lock though, but its a bit pants to be honest. I wanted something extra, to act as a double-deterant to the thieving scum!!

Locks can get a mechanical insurance (cat 3) approval from Thatcham, but because they're not self arming, your insurance company almost certainly won't give you a discount for it... same as having a Thatcham Q rated tracker, they don't give any more discount for that if you've already got a cat 1 or 2 fitted, and they'll insist that you have at least a cat 2 on your car... :? :roll: