dirty_derv

late spec... Ahu tdi converted

Well I decided after lurking in the shadows on here that there is far more of interest to me than the likes of ed38... And you all seem nice enough ;)

So I thought I'd introduce me and the car via a build thread.

The car was bought from a friend a month or so ago in well a little bit of a sorry state.

The car was already converted however wasn't boosting properly, wasn't making the most of the mods, was mouldy, the paint was in a real state and just wanted some lovin!

So I took it under my wing and fast fell in love. The fiancé is starting to question the amount of time it sees me more than her haha

Basic spec anyway

Brand new fk coilovers

Brand new Vr6 calipers with 4 stud conversion on the car for whatever reason...

2.5" turbo back system

Gt17 hybrid turbo

0.216 nozzles

Ahu engine with full mk3 loom

Egr delete

Pd passat intake

Darkside intercooler

Porsche fondmetals with 20mm adapters and falken ze912

Working spoiler (totally sold the car)

Mk3 heater controls

Mk3 wiper relay mod

Lots to do I'll let some pics explain a bit though

Welcome mate.

What's the Mk3 wiper relay mod? Also how difficult is it to convert to Mk3 heater controls? I think they're a bit sturdier than the Corrado version!

Started buying bits egt gauge and podDSC_0081_zpsdlqfiwhw.jpgDSC_0080_zpsi7uvq5ix.jpg

Cut down the huge radio loom DSC_0085_zpsymwe6h0d.jpg

Used a ton of these DSC_0086_zpsinvlg0ve.jpg

Got to this DSC_0084_zpsztwqd2yv.jpg

Interior was horrid DSC_0087_zpshloolbwj.jpgDSC_0088_zps29hvx3e9.jpgDSC_0089_zpsjvcqvogx.jpgDSC_0090_zpsewde9maj.jpgDSC_0092_zpskdgnb8o7.jpgDSC_0091_zpsm8jpyzbw.jpgDSC_0096_zpspwxwzlw3.jpgDSC_0095_zps7vu3i5fb.jpgDSC_0094_zpsvz3pcofg.jpgDSC_0093_zpsddmn2lnd.jpgDSC_0098_zpsbwhfjw73.jpgDSC_0097_zpsaje2lo7n.jpg

Fitted some bits DSC_0100_zpsiwwxmh4g.jpg

Got an ecu mapped upDSC_0116_zpsxe2uyfxl.jpgDSC_0115_zpsuufag1hv.jpg

Seems my pics won't work? And the heater controls turn them upside down mate! Fit like a dream. The wiper is just for intermittent wipers

Working for me :)

Pictures are showing for me now. I'm going to look into the Mk3 heater controls, mines are starting to feel very brittle.

The Corrado already has an intermittent function for the wipers, you just pull the stalk down once, return it, then pull the stalk down again. Whatever the gap in between is the length of intermittent pause you get. Bad description I know, couldn't think how to word it better!!

Interesting tip on the MK3 heater controls - will have to look into that :)

And yes, I have to hand approve your first few posts. Once you've hit a couple more they should just go onto the forum as normal :)

Looks good! What clocks are those? Corrado? Wondering what that squiggle symbol is next to the handbrake light :)

My guess is that'll be the glowplug light, as it's a TDI conversion..

Certainly an interesting motor - and you're not alone with your TDI conversion. There's a couple of other ones on here :)

Ooh I'd like to see others and how far they've gone. Once dialled in I should be near 170 bhp and 250/300ftlbs torque it's only running 0.5 bar of boost currently and the turbo can safely run 1.5 so things will get interesting...