GrahamU

measuring your ARB

Where abouts do you measure the ARB to know what size it is ?

mine seems to be larger across the middle than the 2 arms that go to the wishbones

ETKA list the 89 rado as having a 23mm but neither of the diameters on mine measure 23, its 21 and 17mm and the poly bushes I have seem lose on it :(

The ARB measurements typically provided refer to the diameter of the rod from which it is made. The usual reason for not being able to concur with the measurement given will be paint, corrosion or both changing the reading.

Just double checked it with a vernier and the middle is 23mm (oops) I guess that answers my question

But the diameter of the rear mount does measure 17mm although it is 24 years old and quite worn, is that the right sort of size for the mount area? the poly bush measures 20mm so I guess I have the wrong bush

Rear = inner for my clarity only, if I'm understanding you correctly then the area of the ARB where these bushes locate is reduced diameter from new. So add a bit of wear then yes the measurement will be correct.

Pleasure Bud. Now you can complete your front frame build I hope, which is looking very tidy.