fla

mounting cables

I'm derattling as far as possible before refitting the dash. Behind the glovebox, there are various looms and relays, but there are no hooks or clips into which to mount them. I made a hole in the airbox and put a screw in there using a cable tie around the looms but its not great.

Would welcome some suggestions.

Mines got aircon so space is tight. Could you advise where the relay mounting point is specifically? Thanks.

Also swopping out the multi coloured self-adhesive felt to black where possible - there's brown grey blue and even red in there!

Edited by fla

It's up high behind the air transfer part of the airbox. The box section that is partly venturi shaped if you get what I mean.

From memory I think those clip in place to a bracket which had 2 screws into the large cross beam below the windscreen bottom edge. I'm sure those are the ABS relays but I don't have those in my car anymore so apologies if my explanation is a bit hap hazard!

theres such little space behind the airbox i dont know if i would even be able to get them to fit. Other than that the aircon has been mounted under the relays so the wires are too short to go anywhere. So i've opted for some strong double sided automotive tape and used a cable tie to hold the other loom on the front of the airbox. Lots of felt padding around, and shaking of wires and other loose pieces to try and keep the new sources of rattles and squeeks to a minimum.