fowlerVR6

New member looking for some decent info.

Basically I've been looking for a car for a few months now and have been thinking anything from classic minis to mk2 gti golf's but have got my heart set on a decent VR6 corrado.

They seem to tick all the boxes and also seem to be getting pretty rare for a decent one so I'm prepared to fix it up and bring it to show car standard.

I'm just looking good for an pointers and info anyone is willing to share.

Thanks in advance guys

Hi Fowler and welcome to the forum ;)

I'm new here too so probably the last person to offer advice on the C (I've noticed so far everyone here calls the Corrado that! lol) but can confirm that this is a great forum, very friendly and helpful.

I can also say that I've got a MK2 Golf 16v, and as much as I do love it, the C is much nicer to drive ;)

VR6 is a great choice and a great engine so just find the best, rust free, complete car you can afford and then make it your own.

Good luck with the search and keep us posted :)

Hello mate.

My mates got a mk2 gti 8v and something inside just told me I have to have a quicker car than him haha. But after a bit of research I did find the "C" just suits me better.

Cheers for the inside info ;-) haha

Welcome! Have a look in the wiki section under general info, there's a detailed buyers guide that's very helpful indeed. First and foremost, buy one with as good a bodywork as you can afford. Mechanicals can be sorted relatively cheaply in comparison.

Welcome! Have a look in the wiki section under general info, there's a detailed buyers guide that's very helpful indeed. First and foremost, buy one with as good a bodywork as you can afford. Mechanicals can be sorted relatively cheaply in comparison.

DO NOT listen to Sean He IS a Liability to say the least :rolleyes: Just read his thread. Seriously he is a muppet pm me if you need any gen info mate. :afro:

Welcome to the forum. There are a number of pointers for buying a good Corrado and then some again specific to the individual models. The guys on here will I'm sure be only too happy to offer guidance. I recently helped out Autocar with a buying guide specific to the Corrado, and it's worth a read, see "in the press" on our website http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk

Will in addition be happy to help with any further info you need, our contact info can be found in the same detail. Happy hunting, I look forward to hearing from you.

DO NOT listen to Sean He IS a Liability to say the least :rolleyes: Just read his thread. Seriously he is a muppet pm me if you need any gen info mate. :afro:

He's Right, ask James here, we call him HRH Captain von knowseverythingaboutanything hifon ubergeekanus :geek: :lol:

Cheers lads. All info is good info but I will be looking for one with good bodywork rather than engine but obviously I'm looking for one that will run. I'm a plumber so no mechanic but will turn my hand to save a few quid.

He's Right, ask James here, we call him HRH Captain von knowseverythingaboutanything hifon ubergeekanus :geek: :lol:

Dick head :0

:rolleyes: If I didn't know you better James, I'd think you genuinely hated me with those replies! :p

To the OP, they're not too difficult to work on and I'm no expert either, bit with the help of this forum and a bit of enthusiasm to get stuck in, it's not too difficult. :thumbleft:

Sweeeeet. All sounds good to me! Nothing like an enthusiastic first time buyer. Now just to find "the one!"

As long as it's not red I'm not too fussed. Currently driving a van and a map golf tdi so it couldn't come sooner..

:rolleyes: If I didn't know you better James, I'd think you genuinely hated me with those replies! :p

To the OP, they're not too difficult to work on and I'm no expert either, bit with the help of this forum and a bit of enthusiasm to get stuck in, it's not too difficult. :thumbleft:

:lol::lol::p Sean is right and his car is a credit to him :thumbleft: