rabbit82

low on power

my new corrado seems to be lacking power lower down the rev range it really doesnt pull that much till you get up to 4k and it really doent seem in that much of a rush to get there, im going to do a full service on it as i do with all my new cars is there anything else it could be or should i look at changing. Im goign to do oil, coolant flush, plugs, dizzy cap rotor arm anf maybe leads cheers jamie

ive no experience of a G60 but IIRC superchargers are there to provide a low rev range boost (rather than a turbo for the later stages of rev's)

was there any history regarding a supercharger rebuild in your documents?

plug it into a VAG-COM if you can & check for faults

im sure someone on here will kow how to tell if your charger has an issue

good luck

Hm.

Well I think it'd be worth doing a good service like you're thinking, and go from there. Wondering if perhaps you've got a boost leak or something. The only way you'll really know for sure is to get it rolling roaded so you can see what sort of performance the engine is putting out and where the flatspots in the power band are.

Report back after the service is done and can go from there :)

yes i was thinking the same for the supercharger but it has had a rebuild recently im gonna whip the airfilter of later check for oil, any other checks i could do on it for the supercharger,

heres the spec

New charger and engine flush from Jabba (£1100)

BBM intercooler pipework

Brembo max discs and pads

68mm charger pulley and toothed belt

CTN performance diesel gearbox

Coilovers

Polybushed

Mk4 golf rear caliper upgrade

Braided brake hoses

Long life stainless exhaust

16" porsch d90's

Serviced rear spolier (works perfect)

New engine mounts

Passat electric sunroof

TT wiper moto

Sound like your suffering from g60 syndrome ! Aka lack of vr6 power ..... Lol

Seriously though with thise mods you would have thought that it would shift pretty quick , how long have you had the car and who did the previous work ? It might not have been mapped to the new components its got so could be doing a whole hist of things wrong wich could lead to it running badly

Id say find out if its been mapped or mapped properly to suit the mods its had

Also looking at that do you know the ratios of this "ctn performance diesel gear box " ??

Diesels run gearboxes made for torquey engines , id check that the gearing isnt to blame for its sluggishnessness

not had the car long and one of my thoughts was mapping, i bought it as a bit of a project body work and underneath are super clean which was what i was looking for mainly, as i ahve a spare g60 engine with everything on it. It actually came from hull aswell as i see your from there

Ahh dod it cant say i knew or saw a g60 for sale and im always looking , what did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking ?

Id be suspiciouse of mapping and gearbox mate other than that im not sure mate

also if it was a charger issue would it just not boost at all or can they do that where the boost only comes in at certain times i cant hear any funny noises or anything

well just thought would have a quick ten min look over the g60 befpre i went to work found two huge vacuum leaks two spark plugs not even tight, the plugs look about 90 years old and thats just with looking over it for ten mins

Yeh, that'll cause a few issues :bonk:

Give your throttle cable a check as well whilst your there. Had a similar issue with power & it ended up being a buggered cable. Gain a few horses the day I got that changed I can tell you :thumbleft:

If you don't have a boost gauge, check what what boost reading you are getting in the hidden MFA features. This should give you a good indication of the supercharger.

on the mfa i got the boost check working its about 650 on idle so taht would indicate a boost leak wouldnt it, when driving i get four figures that say 1550

Took the intercooler hoses of loads of oil in the super charger but like grey in colour also up near the inlet to the throttle body I found these little bits is this part of one of the seals from the super charger

null_zpsd9c840e8.jpg