Sign in to follow this  
KARMANN

FUEL

can some1 please tell me what fuel to use in my 1.8 16v raddo.is it four star,super unleaded(97ron),or optimax?is optimax different from super unleaded?

There's a few discussions going on about this subject.

The 16V was designed to take 98RON, but some can run on 95RON without pinking.

Optimax is 98RON, so I would spend the extra pence over super unleaded and run it on Optimax.

Super Unleaded or Optimax, as you want 97 Ron or more, Optimax is usually higher rating average 98-99 Ron. (Normal unleaded is 95 Ron) Don't use four star.

I wont use anything else than optimax combine that with an octane booster it runs so sweeeeeettt!! try running it on optimax for a few weeks then try normal super plus and you will see the difference optimax makes!! :D

What ever it says on the inside of the fuel flap is a general guide.

(you should have a sticker in there)

Also the size of the fuel filler spout. Unleaded 95 etc has a smaller nossle than LRP, its ment to stop people putting LRP or 4* at the time into a unleaded running car with a cat.

Also I think im correct in saying that unleaded cars all have a non return flap on the spout.

One other thing some of you may not of worked out, is the two notches in the Fuel Cap enable you to put the cap on the flap when filling!! And if you didn't know that, you must be a new to the VAG world!!