tenpasten

Accidental newbie... please be kind

I'm a long time Corrado fan but up until three weeks ago, I had no plans to become an owner. This all changed when a guy as work announced he was intending to sell his G60: a car that was bought new by my colleague’s father 22 years ago and that he took ownership of around 18 years ago.

I was immediately interested and, following a quick viewing and a small negotiation (the terms of which includes an annual drive for the former owner), I am now the proud owner of my first (and possibly not my last) Corrado.

It has just passed its MOT and runs very well so there are no urgent issues to resolve but over the coming months I have a couple of projects in mind:

Mend/replace the sunroof (hasn’t worked for years)

Repair/Recover the threadbare fabric on the drivers seat (unsurprising at 135k miles)

Repair/Respray spots of rust here and there

During my time here, I’m hoping to tap into your collective experience and knowledge as my project unfolds and, no doubt, more fundamental problems present themselves.

So thanks in advance for your input and your patience while I get up to speed – in the meantime, here are a couple of shots of my pride and joy…

15257076335_bee8d5c495_b.jpg

15253980481_d788a0e010_b.jpg

Thanks

TPT

Welcome to the forum :)

I'm sure you will find all the knowledge you will ever need here, and believe me your new purchase will keep you busy :lol:

Looks like a nice one!

Thanks for your warm welcome all. As far as I can tell, it is entirely unmolested barring a tow bar(!), and I plan to keep it that way (after removing the tow bar) - a gentle and sympathetic restoration rather than a racing transformation.

TPT

I've now had a a bit more time to browse the forum.

Interesting how the same issues that I have with my car ( sunroof, sloppy gearchange etc.) keep

coming up.

TPT

Very nice. I didn't think late style G60's existed - you learn something everyday! Does the dash include rotary dials for the heater or are they sliders?

being a late model, and help me out with my old eyes here. does that bonnet raise like a vr or is it inverted?

let me go get my glasses.....reaches for walking stick

Raised :) The later G60's have facelift exterior (bumpers, wings, bonnet, etc) but retain the early interior (slidey heater controls, etc).

TradingPlaceNoLegs_zps698575fa.jpg

i can see...i can see

eyes not so bad after all!

welcome to the forum dude, nice looker you have there

Edited by loepan