Mk3highline

Which Wishbones track rods and camber

Hi I have been searching and seems like the vr6 rado and mk3 golf have same/similar suspension set up?

Well basically before mot next month I've had a little nose under car and the track rods and bushes could do with replacing( not found an invoice in service history either)

There is no knocking steering bit off

I have found some new wishbones with the r32 rear bushes fitted, what benifits is ther with such a set up?

I already have 30mm eibach springs with standard bilstien shocks I don want the ride any harder so avoiding power flex type

The rack seems ok but while the wisbones are off may as well change the rods and boots etc

Rubber on the ball joints are starting to crack

Also how is it possible to be able to adjust the camber on the front and rear?

Thing is you have the Bilstein/Eibach setup which is uprated from standard the standard bushes will wear quicker with this setup however the Powerflex are made to work on this kind of setup it won't be greatly "Harder" however your bushes will last longer.

There only the pro kit springs.

I didn't think 30mm made that much of a difference

My days of hard/stiff suspension on ultra low profile tyres are gone lol

Harder than you think especially when coupled with Bilstein's they are renowned for being "Hard" mate I've had mate's ditch them in favour of Koni's as they were too Hard (on various car's)

Oh right

they have been on the car since around 2007

Thank you anyways

I need to change the wishbones either way as it seems there the OEM from factory

How about the wheel alignment any perticular way to better the standard set up? Besides the anti roll bar

Adjustable lower ball joints and slightly loose fitting strut bolts.

I'd go with the R32 wishbone bushes. They are basically solid rubber and not voided like the Corrado ones. VW seem to save those kind of bushes for their flagship cars and they do make a big difference, especially under hard braking and acceleration.

Never heard of them!

Most people just get OEM R32 bushes pressed into their original wishbones. Pattern rubber and steel parts are always of dubious quality in my experience.

Well after some more serching it seems to be possible to use the mk4 r32 complete wishbones

Will have a problem with the ARB links and it will widen the track slightly

Having this done finally(didn't get chance whilst doing engine)

One other forum folk Said to have some TOE OUT

I've always thought for better turn in to have wheels toe IN

1/2 neg camber ok?

I've just done both front ball joints after having them sat in the boot for 7 months!!

With the camber set to -1.7 the difference is phenomenal

Had a nose at the wish bones and they still seem ok we didn't have time or a press to do the other bushes

Spirit level app depending how accurate on a level surface to get the camber before it was at -1.5 and front tyres have worn near enough even

just need a proper alignment chech now and have a play with toe