Erallus

Radiator Fan Cowling and Fans - Removal

Hiya,

I've sourced a reconditioned fan unit with fans etc. Do I need to remove the radiator to change this?

Having a good poke round, it looks like I'll need to remove the bumper and grill, the framework, in fact most of the front end.

Even then it looks like space will be limited...

Cheers

Edited by Erallus

If you remove the front end its easy as the rad will tilt forward, allowing access to the shroud bolts that screw directly into the rad. Its probably possible to remove it without though, although access to the bolts will be a bit tight. The fans are retained within the shroud so removing that should allow the lot to come out.

If you remove the front end its easy as the rad will tilt forward, allowing access to the shroud bolts that screw directly into the rad. Its probably possible to remove it without though, although access to the bolts will be a bit tight. The fans are retained within the shroud so removing that should allow the lot to come out.

Cheers Seanl82, I'll give that a go, started to remove the front end

I'm in the same boat here. I'm after a fan unit as myn is rumbling.

Iv managed to get out the fans and the bracket shroud that holds it together without removing the front end but I don't think that I'll be able to get it back in the same way without damaging it or bending it.

I removed the battery and top hose off the rad and managed to slide it out.

Let me know how you get on in installing this back in.

Ok just been having a quick read about these spal fans and slim line brackets.

I have a couple of questions...

Do these fans cool the engine a lot better than the originals?

Where can I get the spal fans from and how much are they, what's the goal cost to get these installed?

Are they simple to wire or is do I need a auto electrician?

Thanks

I'm in the same boat here. I'm after a fan unit as myn is rumbling.

Iv managed to get out the fans and the bracket shroud that holds it together without removing the front end but I don't think that I'll be able to get it back in the same way without damaging it or bending it.

I removed the battery and top hose off the rad and managed to slide it out.

Let me know how you get on in installing this back in.

Will do, removed all the front end apart from the bumper so far, hopefully some more progress this weekend...Also i thought I'd continue to use the crap 90's fans rather than invest in this modern replacement stuff, although it is tempting. Seems hard to get the original set. :smug: