Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

Corrado Spotting Archive May 2004

Green 16v Greg outside halfords in Exeter, said hi, talked bollocks for a minute or two :D told ye to get on here and confirm the spot - first one PLEASE :wink:

Nice black J reg G60 with very clean standard BBS alloys and darkened rear lights. Parked at Sainsburys in Hereford at 6pm yesterday.

Spotted Henny on the A14 on the hard shoulder having a chat with some other VW's... cool car matey..

YAY! That's a great feeling to have finally been spotted (and recognised!) in my C! 8) (We were stopped 'cos Dubwhizz was almost falling asleep at the wheel in his Golf, so we did a driver change and pro-plus and redbull intake... :) )

Also, L plate Green VR6 on the M6 around J4 and a Red Corrado who both driver and passenger gave me a wave just before we got stuck in traffic on the M6 around J15...

Anyone here?

I saw hundreds of the f*ckers at Inters. I didn't realise how common corrado's were!

sweet blue g60 on the way home, lowered on wide BBs's, looked mint on the move.

YAY! That's a great feeling to have finally been spotted (and recognised!) in my C! 8) (We were stopped 'cos Dubwhizz was almost falling asleep at the wheel in his Golf, so we did a driver change and pro-plus and redbull intake... :) )

8)

Hey paht, there was some stunning rados about, loving the wide rims on some of em...... :D :D :D

PhatVR6 wrote,

sweet blue g60 on the way home, lowered on wide BBs's, looked mint on the move

phat i think that was me mate :D theyre not bbs though, theyre too much bloody money! it was on the a12 wasnt it! u got the polished speedlines havnt u? recognised from the pics of our members thing. yours is well clean! moves really well too 8)

Red 16V by the white lion in Upholland nr Wigan Sat afternoon. Both flashed and waved.

Seen it couple of times before, but never we've actually passed each other.

Anyone here?

Aqua Blue VR6 (i think vr6 anyway) this morning at about 8.50am coming onto the roundabout going towards pudsey/bramley (i was going towards the stanningley bypass) Gave you a wave as I came onto the roundabout.

Red Corrado going in the opposite direction to me yesterday, I think was a 16v'er driven by an Asian guy, on the bath road as I was coming off of the huntercombe round about about 5pm

Dan I think I know who you mean, if it was quite shabby looking(I thought he'd had it resprayed brown with a red flip when I first saw it) then its the same guy I pass every day when I drive from Maidenhead, to work in Slough.

It could be someone else though??

Si

SimonU,

So do you go down the Bath road to work, if so, what time?

I work at Leaseplan near the 3 Tuns, so use the road every day.

Rarely see other C's on my way to work, cept a guy I work with whos got a green 2.0.

Black/Dark Blue 'C' possibly G60 on a K plate on the A1 North Bound Grantham. You were behind my Mystic Blue Storm (N), you nearly kept up accross the roundabout :wink: I signaled to you the best I could before turning off a, you were a welcome sight as its been 1000's of miles since I've seen another C 8)

Nice J plate G60 spotted this morning on the A12 Woodbridge Bypass

Women driver, J*** KCD i think... 8)

red K plater in Wilmslow this morning... seemed quite suprised I flashed and waved, but waved back anyway... Anyone here? 8)

SimonU,

So do you go down the Bath road to work, if so, what time?

I work at Leaseplan near the 3 Tuns, so use the road every day.

Rarely see other C's on my way to work, cept a guy I work with whos got a green 2.0.

Normally get to work at 9ish but moving back to Reading soon so might start getting in earlier to miss the traffic. I work at Celltech, in the blue ugly buliding.

The C's over at Ray Williams of Burnham at the mo he's changing the timing belt, it clicked over to 70K at miles at the weekend and it hasn't been done so I thought I'd better not chance it since the belt went on my Supra (non-interference engine, lucky for me!!!) and I don't generally have much luck with cars.

Hopefully after this is done I can start spending money on getting the car looking how I want instead of just spending money on keeping it on the road all the time!

Spotted a Perl Grey 2.0 16V plough into a parked 205 last night... It's mortifying, especially when you know the dude that owned the car : :cry: Nasty front nearside damage, headlight, bumper, bonnet, wing, indicator, fog.... Such a shame, gonna cost the dude an arm and a leg to get it sorted too.

Wasn't yours Phil K don't worry :lol:

phat i think that was me mate :D theyre not bbs though, theyre too much bloody money! it was on the a12 wasnt it! u got the polished speedlines havnt u? recognised from the pics of our members thing. yours is well clean! moves really well too 8)

yup, that was me! I kept pulling up along side as my mate behind me was trying to take some pics.

Car looks well sweet on the move. I'll post the pics up when I get them.

Simon, did you say I recommended him 2 you??

Yeah but he wasn't that bothered, I'm sure he'll give you some discount. The man can talk can't he!! He was ranting on about sky tv for a good half an hour the last time I was there, quite funny though. He's determined not to pronounce the word Corrado properly, he calls it a 'corridor'!!

Have you decided what to buy when you get rid of the G60?

How about a BMW e30 318iS or a low mileage R5 GTT thats in near mint cond.? I think I might put them up in for sale section, you never know, both are extremely well looked after examples, the bm has a huge folder of receipts and history and I owned it for a year so it must be good.!!

Both my bro's, I'm trying to persuade him to buy a G60 or valver when he sells them, but he wants a Rallye or other golf.

the old Corridor joke every time without fail!! :D

You have a PM mate

[phat wrote]

stel g60 wrote:

PhatVR6 wrote:

phat i think that was me mate theyre not bbs though, theyre too much bloody money! it was on the a12 wasnt it! u got the polished speedlines havnt u? recognised from the pics of our members thing. yours is well clean! moves really well too

yup, that was me! I kept pulling up along side as my mate behind me was trying to take some pics.

Car looks well sweet on the move. I'll post the pics up when I get them

yeah nice one, havnt ever seen my car moving :D

Grr...

Spotted (for the 8000th time) a Blackberry VR6, M registered with the plate reading 'M*** LOL' parked outside the Coventry University accomodation near the old Butts Technical College / opposite Aardvark Pub. But I wasn't in my Corrado. Next time I see you, I *am* leaving a note under your windscreen!!

Mystic Blue Storm, drove past me (I was parked on the left) near Guildford train station on Friday evening around 5 o'clock. Seem to see this car every time I go to Guildford, unless there's more than one!

Sherry red L-reg 16v parked in Guildford centre near Zizzi and Pizza Express Friday night.