robrado974

Stub axle dust caps . Can I get away without it ?

For anyone after these Passat covers in future, I've ordered them today but they're on back order. No idea how long it'll be until I get them.

I don't think they're overly important tbh Jim. Always nice if you can get it all there though. I'm picking the rest up Friday and dropping a load of stuff off for zinc plating so it would have been nice if these were included, but my current ones are actually complete (if a little rusty) after 22 years and 150k miles, so should last I suppose. I just can't get them off without completely ruining them!

Picked the Passat ones up today, and they're perfect! In fact, I'd say they're exactly the same. Some pics, although maybe a little hard to make out in the second pic.

DSC_0442_zpsffskltae.jpg

DSC_0443_zps0yqk2sgu.jpg

Oooohhhh, shiny!

DSC_0444_zpswdh2dhii.jpg

So, for anyone needing them in the near future, I'd get them whilst you can. They're on back order but only took about a week to arrive so likely from within the UK, but who knows when they'll become obsolete like so many other items from cars of this era.

Part numbers on first pic and in a previous post by the very helpful Will-I-am the man!

Edited by seanl82

Glad to be of service! I must order a few spares before they're all gone. Where did you get your backplates?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Haha, you certainly were. I got the rears from VW heritage. They're in the process of reproduction for the fronts as left side is obsolete. I have a genuine right one but waiting for them to get em out there!

Haha, you certainly were. I got the rears from VW heritage. They're in the process of reproduction for the fronts as left side is obsolete. I have a genuine right one but waiting for them to get em out there!

We might have better luck with VW Classic Parts remaking these..

The good thing is that its the same part on a MK3 and a Corrado, maybe a Passat also?

I got myself 3 kits because I horde!