JAM11E

What is my VR6 worth?

Hi All,

I'm considering selling my pride and joy. It's just not practical to use the Corrado day in day out. Being an older car we all know that it's hard to get a definitive valuation on a Corrado. I would like your opinions as to how much my car could be worth.

Pictures are below but I will start with the important things.

I have had the car 12 months now, there were many issues with it, mostly electrical but I have rectified these. Below are the things i have replaced

- Sunroof & Motor

- Spoiler Motor

- Retrimmed headlining in perforated leather (old one was tat)

- Speedo & surrounds (correct mileage of car is 124,960)(have proof)

- Clutch has been replaced

- Uprated headlight loom

- Front discs & Pads

- Rear Discs & Pads

- Rear wheel bearings

- 2 new control arms

- Sump

- Oil Pickup

- Crack pipe

- Thermo Housing

- Remperature Sensors

- Replaced 90% of cooling system hoses

- Drivers door handle (old one stopped working)

- Rocker cover gasket

- Rear lights (old ones were cracked)

- Lupo GTI wiper conversion

- Replaced wiper linkage & motor

- Upgraded head unit - Panasonic

- Heater Matrix

- Momo Steering wheel

- Magnex De-Cat exhaust system

- Toad Ai606 Alarm

- The rear quarters, spoiler & rear bumper have been re-sprayed (DuPont Paint)

- Standard speedline alloys, 4 new tyres and not a mark on them

- Cleaned and re-painted brake calipers

- BMC Air Filter

- Scuttle tray

- Rear number plate tub

- New bonnet seals

- Oil has been changed 4 times in the past 12 months

- Spark plugs have been changed twice

- Oil Filter replaced

- Fuel Filter Replaced

- New starter motor

- Door striker pins

- Weitec Adjustable Coilovers

The car has been awesome, I have spent lots of money on it to keep it fully maintained. I have driven the car to Amsterdam and it was faultless, The car spends most of the time on the motorway going to and from work, I can easy get around 40mpg on the daily commute.

The car starts & runs perfectly, no noise from chains or tappets.

The bad bits

- Lots of stone chips on the front bumper

- 1 or 2 car park dings

- scratch on bottom of bumper (approx 2 inches long)

- Hasn't been serviced by a garage in 2 years but I have done everything a service entails and more

I have probably forgot lots of things that have been changed/replace

Edited by JAM11E

That is very Tidy Jamie and a credit to you. Can you not afford a crappy daily for work and keep the Rado for the show season? After doing all the work you have done it's a shame you aren't going to get the enjoyment out of it.

That is very Tidy Jamie and a credit to you. Can you not afford a crappy daily for work and keep the Rado for the show season? After doing all the work you have done it's a shame you aren't going to get the enjoyment out of it.

Don't get me wrong I have loved every single minute.

I'm only considering to sell, I am also thinking about getting a second car, but having a second car means having 2 sets of tax, insurance etc and At the moment I probably couldn't afford to do both.

Don't get me wrong I have loved every single minute.

I'm only considering to sell, I am also thinking about getting a second car, but having a second car means having 2 sets of tax, insurance etc and At the moment I probably couldn't afford to do both.

You could get one insurance policy to cover both and only tax the Rado for six months of the year. With what you have spent and original purchase price I think you would be losing a bit of money I imagine.That aside you have done a cracking job with it so far and a Corrado need's someone like yourself KEEP IT you will not regret it.

I knew you'd all make me feel bad about potentially selling.

I've always had the mindset that I want the car to be as standard as possible but still looking good, hence standard wheels and lowered suspension.

Would £3k be a fair price?

I think you could ask for more going from the pic's not trying to make you feel bad mate there are plenty on here who have sold and regretted it so much they bought another some 6 month's later other's year's later but they all ended up doing it however if it is not practical for you sell you can alway's come back when it's better for you :)

I would miss the car to be honest.

Just going through some options, the Corrado is most definitely the best car I have ever driven/Owned.

Decisions

Remember you have a very late car on a "N" and a Black one at that.I think there wasn't as many Black Corrado's as some of the other colour's.

As James said you have done a lot of work , shame you cant stick it in the garage . I think 3k is about right maybe a bit more ?. Im not saying you are doing this but a fair few people put up a lower price so they can sell the car quicker , this is not helping and still makes the Corrado look like its lagging behind in the up n coming classic market .

Maybe we should all sell up at £7k aha. I joke.

I do have a garage so there is an option of buying a run a round and storing her over the winter.

Got to love this place just came back on to see your reply Jamie and possibly because it look's like you may be swaying to keeping it the amount of member's viewing dropped significantly from a couple of post's previously. Keep it bud it look's a cracker :thumbleft:

I think it would attract more interest if it looked more standard. Just little things like the grill, fog lights, number plates and ride height. Not meant as a negative about the car. It looks tidy I the photos.

Can't see why you couldn't advertise it for £4-5k and seeing what interest you get. I notice the main buyers of corrados are corrado owners :lol:

Ive had mine 9 years, kept standard bar the stereo system. Every now and then i toy with the idea of being sensible and selling, and everytime i cry hard Man Tears about the thought of it. Keep it till all you have left is the car and the shirt on your back!

3-4 somewhere would be my guess. A lot of the hard work has been done on this car for the new owner it should be a relatively easy life as far as corrados go.

However, as said before on the thread. Classic car insurance policy (130 ish for mines) and six months tax a year and an mot will cost you less than 300 a year to keep it. Is it worth selling ?

KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for what youll get for it selling it just isnt financially sensible, wait about 4 more years till they've all been broken or scrapped and one in that nick will be more like 6k :D although everyone always disagrees. Also with the market as it is you can get a nice little 1.4 lupo or something these days for a few hundred ££

please dont sell this for £3K !! It will make mine practically worthless !! I think its got to be worth nearer the 4k mark. Too many corrados being sold too cheap at the minute and yours shouldn't be one of them bud.

This is worth £4k all day long the problem is its a niche car and you need to be patient to find the right buyer. I tried to sell my VR6 (storm) recently and didn't have the patience and nearly sold it too cheaply. Issue I would say is time of year also, Keep the faith as with classic insurance they are pretty cheap to have as a weekend toy.

KEEP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for what youll get for it selling it just isnt financially sensible, wait about 4 more years till they've all been broken or scrapped and one in that nick will be more like 6k :D although everyone always disagrees. Also with the market as it is you can get a nice little 1.4 lupo or something these days for a few hundred ££

I knew you would say something like this as soon as you seen it being a fellow Black owner :thumbleft:

dont sell you will regret it. i hadnt used my corrado vr6 for about 6months. it had a wiring problem which lead to starting problems and oil pump refusing to work. so it got put in the garage and forgot about for sometime and i decided to sell it. took it out got it fixed. 2 wires had shorted causes the problems. put it up for sale and took it for its last drive before a potential buyer came to look at it.......... well they are just great and when the guy turned up to look at it he wasnt too happy as i refused to sell it

what can i say they are addictive. there is not a car i have driven that makes me as happy at the corrado. it was bought as a weekend car and ended up being used as my daily driver because it was great fun to drive. i worked at the coast and when i finished work i jumped into it and took the long coastal route home every time.

I'm keeping it!!

I realise that through all the breakdowns, repairs, cuts, bruises and money spent I won't find another car that is better than this!!!

People don't understand why I own a car that is a constant money pit but these people will never understand unless they drive one!

P.S. I use it every single day