Rossi_226

G60 Tuning/Mapping

Evening, finally got the old girl behaving....almost!

Im looking for somewhere in the Norfolk-Suffolk area to have her mapped, after having the replacement engine put in her she running uber rich and having a slight issue at idle. Is there anyone you guys would recommend? Thanks

What spec are you running? Usually there is a suitable off the shelf chip option for common G60 tuning.

On the limited info you have given it sounds like you may have a sensor problem, wiring fault or it just needing a proper set up before resorting to a live map.

Its running a stage 2 charger with smaller pulley, bypass pipe mod, straight through pipe from manifold and K&N. replaced both blue and black coolant sensors, new lambda sensor, ISV cleaned out, new rad fan sensor, new water pump and Thermostat and cleaned out CO sensor

Based on what you have said - a few things to check.

The earths, particularly the ones that connect to the side of the head and the strap that runs from the throttle body to the rain tray.

Check your ECU boost hose. it needs to be exactly 1m long and in good condition, if in doubt replace.

Check the microswitches on the throttle body. First check that both click for idle and WOT. Then check resistance, I don't have the figures but a quick search on the net will throw those up.

Check your fuel pressure regulator on the end of the fuel rail for damage, one of the nipples was bent on mine meaning my fuel pressure was out.

I assume you are running a standard ECU and injectors at the moment?

Another earth is the strap to the gearbox, in all cases you won't do any harm cleaning them up anyway.

The good news is that for the time being the ECU is man enough for the spec you are running.

Let me know if none of the above works as it may indicate an issue with your ecu. I happen to have a spare ecu with a Jabbasport chip to run standard injectors (i am running reds now).