liam_raddo

Mystic Storm on Autotrader "extremely rare"

Pretty tidy low miles Storm on autotrader ATM. I know as a Storm owner we can get carried away with the pseudo "exclusivity" but the advert blurb talked about extremely rare. Well I know it's an exclusive club but didn't appreciate we are on the cusp of extinction. Anyway I'd say this one is worth a look if your after a low milage offering. Thoughts...

It just ****es me off that people seem to sell these cars to dealers, rather than finding enthusiast forums like this and advertising them directly. I mean why do these low mileage, great condition cars always turn up at dealers?!

And you can guarantee that the dealer would be stood there with their hands on their hips sucking their teeth saying "No one wants to buy these old VW's any more... I'll give you £1,500 mate" and then sticking it up on their website at £6,000 as a 'rare future classic' :|

Totally agree Jim. I mean this looks a great example and if I am honest better than mine and I am sure it would have got £4.5-5k of a member on here eventually. I would shudder to think what the guy got for this car from the dealer. Problem is though having the patience for the right buyer, I have always said of all the cars I have owned / sold the Corrado always proved to be the trickiest.

If I were looking to buy, I'd definitely consider this one, I actually don't think its a bad price considering it is a dealer and going by some of the crazy prices that have been up lately.

These two have dropped from their original sky high way out prices

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/corrado/volkswagen-corrado-g60-as-new-ultra-low-miles---------------1991/2366046

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/corrado/vw-corrado-16v-1993-l--1-owner-from-new-38000-miles-stunning-throughout/2369772

Edited by BILLCOR

Do think they're in dream land with that 16v. All it has going for it is that it's a clean low miler. Otherwise it's a generally undesirable engine, with grey cloth, and no options whatsoever! And the alloys don't have the original finish and have just been refurbished to a generic finish.

indeed Jim!

i cant stop laughing at the final paragraph of the valver

'WE ARE CONFIDENT THAT THIS IS THE BEST EXAMPLE OF THIS ICONIC VW COUPE CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ON THE OPEN MARKET. VIEWING ESSENTIAL. PROFESSIONAL DESCRIPTIONS A PLEASURE FOR ANY LONG DISTANCE BUYERS, PLEASE ASK FOR ANTHONY'

really!!! the BEST currently available....hmmmm pull the other 1 m8

The G60 sold from up here in Scotland for around £7k, it reappeared a couple of weeks later for £14,999, now that is a mark up :bonk:

The G60 sold from up here in Scotland for around £7k, it reappeared a couple of weeks later for £14,999, now that is a mark up :bonk:

Think that's what they call london dealer weighting

Think that's what they call london dealer weighting

Yeah, waiting to rip you off :2gunfire:

I agree with a lot of comments so far and dealer mark up is always going to be a contentious issue but I also feel the Corrado is a little undervalued.

I've watched plenty of G60's struggle to sell for over £4K.

Try and find a decent 20v UR quattro for under £20K...

Crap. I just hit the button to send an email to the Storm dealer wanting to find out how many previous owners, service history etc. Then from nowhere the Mrs's voice was ringing in my head. "No more cars"! :geek:

"Black Full leather interior, Sports seats, Leather seats....."

Are all car dealers thick as sh1t or something?

No, car dealers just assume most of their customers are thick as the proverbial.