VR6 Lee

Corrado VR6 Starter motor

V5 starter is a good alternative and available on an exchange basis as long as they don't look too carefully at what you're handing back to them as they are slightly different!

It all comes apart so you can repaint the body. Replace the brushes. Solenoid can be replaced too. I have 3 lying about at the moment. I plan to rebuild all of them. Even my 200,000mile original had lots of life left in the brushes and the armature bit was fine.

Jim, do you have any info on parts required for a rebuild?

It sounds like my starter motor bush is in need of replacement. I'm going to have to remove the starter to get to it. It would make sense to give the starter some attention while I have it off the engine.

Nah I didn't get round to buying the parts. I ended up cleaning everything up. Painting the case and putting it back together.

Am sure when I googled it you can buy the brushes and solenoid plus a new armature if needed. Although all mine looked fine after about 200k.

All that needed doing was the copper bush in the gearbox end.

Solenoid is hard to remove without buggering the screws. I had to drill mine out on both spare motors. Think I found a guide on the us vortex forum.