Sign in to follow this  
stel g60

cryogenic systems

hi guys, ive heard about these systems over the last couple days and im wondering if anyone has any type of feedback on them. its basically freezing co2 being sprayed straight into your inlet manifold and it works the same way nos does with switches and a bottle but being co2 its a lot safer (apparently).

does anyone have any experience with it?

google search: dei cryogenic systems

co2 - carbon dioxide?! that's a bi product of combustion so won't burn - sure its not some other gas :?: Might be wrong tho gcse chemistry long time ago :oops:

If frozen oxygen then that actually is rocket fuel :shock:

in fact you get co2 fire extinguishers - not what you want in your inlet manifold :D

it doesnt work like nos, it would be better compared to aquamist...... it is for cooling purposes.

yep - sooper dooper charge cooler

super super dooper!!! 8)

Only for turbos/ scharged :D

probably not even 'dooper' for normally aspirated engines, be surprised if 35% temp reduction makes any difference to performance - anyone :?:

Makes a little difference, have you noticed on a cold damp day how well the car goes? :?

yep defo - just not convinced 35% ('sales' figure) temp reduction - i.e 25deg to 16deg will make any diff on a valver

nice avatar :D

mate you about this weekend???

as im going to do this to mine and got alot of info etc i can show you that i think you might be interested

ill try and call u later on dead battery at the mo :mad:

yep defo - just not convinced 35% ('sales' figure) temp reduction - i.e 25deg to 16deg will make any diff on a valver

But what scale is the 35% reduction in.

If you convert 25deg to Kelvin, take off the 35% then convert back to celcius you have a temp of -80deg. 8)

A huge intake temp reduction.

you don't spray it INTO your intake system - it runs around it through a bulb in the intake or is sprayed onto the IC to reduce charge temps. OK if you suffer with high charge temps and high temp environments that you don't really get in the UK. It's a solution to a problem that it's best trying to prevent happening in the first place

tt

I've seen 'em do similar at drag strips where they fire a CO2 fire extinguisher into the intercooler just before a run... this freezes up the intercooler allowing the boost to be cooled much more and thus be much more dense for the run down the strip...

I wouldn't fire CO2 INto your manifold though, it'll stop the engine from running properly as it won't burn and replaces the oxygen which would normally get in there... (hence why they use it in fire extinguishers! ;) )

hmmmm we are leaving our offices next week and there is a C02 extinguster in there!! time to play!

i cant believe the same thing ive been trying to get developed here in the uk has been done so easily over in america

that cryofuzion stuff is great and much better than the DEI kit

i knew the Co2 would effect power levels if sucked in buy the filter but they never tested it with the filter on the outside of the engine bay behind the wing like my setup (even thou they did do s similar thing buy putting it through the wall)

also that exhaust piece does anyone think it will work???

if you read into it, it works, a dyno is done on a static roling road so waste gases are bound to end up around the Car, The standard G60 intercooler is ducted and on the other side of the car from the intake so i dont see how when the car is moving any waste c02 is going to be injestedm, especially as the c02 is sprayed onto the cooler which is infact behind the intake.

yeah i did read into it and as my intercooler is mounted infornt of the rad and my airfilter is where the carbon canister normaly sits on a corrado i would have throught the gas would have to move round alot for it to get there especialy when its oon the move ???

p.s i wouldnt recomend spray these on standard intercoolers as it will crack them over time as ive this on the web when people have used them on standard items

that exhaust thing will throw the c02 meter off on the mot!! and should help when that ase behind you wont back off!!!