richman711

jetex exhaust opinions?

I had a Jetex on my Bora, it was quiet which was good for me but I found the Miltek I replaced it with gave better power

I do again have a Jetex to go on my rado 1.8t when its back on the road, its one of the few that has a 2.5" bore, and hopefully it will be as quiet as my Bora 1.8t was.

I had a superspint on my old G60 which fitted well and sounded good

I have a Jetex on my VR and am very happy with it. I went with the two box version which sounds sporty when given some beans but doesn't drone annoyingly on the motorway. Fit is good too.

Cheers for the replies guys

sounds like what I want, my current exhaust is a super sprint mid box and a unknown back box, its very boomy, although ive noticed most g60's share this trait

Not sure what you mean by dented in?

Yeah I've heard supersprint are gd bit sadly mines seen its day now:(

Any one know if that exhaust sytem fits a early hanger car?

I ran a Jetex on my MKII and although it was a bit of a pig to get the back box sitting so the tailpipes were perfectly level, it was a decent bit of kit. I really liked the sound too - quite raspy but not overpowering or boy racer sounding

I've got a Jetex catback on my VR, fits great and sounds great too! For the money well worth it, admittedly I think the Awesome price is probably a bit much!

Edited by Jonny777

Ah I see what you mean, the pipe has loop in it where it goes over the axle so im guessing its the same as the mk 2.

Yeah bit expensive sadly:( although I cant find any where cheaper

mine was on a g60 golf , it sounded horrible and had a really bad droan right around motorway cruise speeds

we all have differant ideas on whats good and bad so maybe see if another g60 rado owner can let you listen , id say it was almost unbearable and very chavvy /boy racer sounding , but i bet an 18 year old would love it

i think the g60s do sound alot deeper /prone to droaning more than the others

mine was on a g60 golf , it sounded horrible and had a really bad droan right around motorway cruise speeds

we all have differant ideas on whats good and bad so maybe see if another g60 rado owner can let you listen , id say it was almost unbearable and very chavvy /boy racer sounding , but i bet an 18 year old would love it

i think the g60s do sound alot deeper /prone to droaning more than the others

You may be right about the G60 thing - mine was raspy when you pulled away without sounding like a chavved up Saxo, but the thing I liked was how unobtrusive it was on a run. Unlike the time I took a stripped out Beetle that was running Dellorto 40s and a Stinger to Santa Pod :lol:

Yeah I think im going to have to find one to listen to firsr, Ive heard a long life on a g60 and that was pretty loud too. A trait of the high back pressure a g60 has I guess.

my main worry is that I think its a late hanger type exhaust:(