Sign in to follow this  
belfastfumanchu

Recommended tyres for 1.8 16v

Hi, just been looking through the search feature to see what tyres are recommended for 1.8 16v Corrados, but didn't find much.

What do all you 16v owners recommend ?

I'm running Avon 195 50 15 VZ1's (or is it ZV?) on my G60 BBS rims... there seems to be some mixed opinoins on these tyres but I'm very impressed with them - lots more grip than I ever experienced with the Continentals that I had on there before! The overall opinion seems to be that the Avons are great in the dry but not so good in the wet... IMO there great in the wet too! and at around £55 per corner they won't break the bank :D

Hmmm, just to confirm the mixed opinions over Avon ZV1's mentioned by Phil K, I thought the Avons were dreadful in the wet AND the dry! Personally I love Continental Sportcontacts , but they are pricey! My front Avons finally wore out last week so got rid of them ( :) ), when I priced up for some Sportcontacts the guy mentioned Dunlop SP Sport 01's which were on offer, virtually same pattern as Sportcontacts, so took them. Good so far......about £50.