Sign in to follow this  
kangaroo

Corvette Z06

So I sent an email to my step-dad telling him about my new Corrado, he's into sports cars in a big way and I was hoping he'd be interested to hear about the C. Instead he just replied with "I've bought a new car too! A Corvette Z06." Typical, always trying to do one better than me... :roll: :)

I don't know much about american sports cars, but it sounds a beast: 405bhp 5.7 litre V8, with a 0-60 in 3.8s. It even has a heads-up display :!: :!: He said it sounds great when you put your foot down (or "step on the gas", as the americans say).

Its the one at the very bottom of this page. I can't wait to get a ride in it when I next visit :)

Doesn't look too shabby.

Tell him you've now sold the C and bought a DB9 :lol:

May go like shingle off a shiny shovel, but from what I hear these cars aren't really designed to go around corners :D

Well I'm not too sure about the Z06's and im not to sure about what exactly your corrado specs are vr6 or g60 and how heavily moded it is, but I'll let you know that my dad had a 1984 vette with a 327 in it that makes about 550 bhp, you would prolly need a vr6 turbo to keep up with a Z06, but as far as that 327 vrs my g60 , yes they are quick out of the hole and from about 80-125ish i pulled a lot harder then his 327 but when he shifted into overdrive and exceeded 145ish mph i couldnt keep up, as for corners a properly tuned vette will handle like a dream, rwd with the right tires sway bars and suspension handles awesome..... i know i've only driven his not a stock vette but if you were up to speed with him like 75-80ish you would have no problem keeping up with a HEALTHY g60 and thats the key HEALTHY, if you have a vr6 you should be able to keep about the same if you list your model and more specs I can prolly give you a better idea or strategy cause trust me I hate domestic American crap and would love to see a little 1.8 or 2.8 keep up with that damn thing.... oh ya another note last years vette was compared to a f-14 in some magaize so hmm just post your specs and we can figure something out

Taken from the CCGB site:

Max Speed (claimed) 144mph

Standing qtr mile 15.7 secs

Terminal speed 91.6 mph

30-50mph in 3rd 4.8 secs

30-50mph in 4th 7.1 secs

50-70mph in 5th 9.4 secs

30-70mph thru' gears 6.8 secs

0-30mph 2.8

0-40mph 4.2

0-50mph 5.6

0-60mph 7.2

0-70mph 9.6

0-80mph 12.3

0-90mph 15.1

0-100mph 19.1

0-110mph 24.1

0-120mph 31.3

That's for a 190bhp 2.9 VR.

I've got to say that I think the figures are a little on the mean side. I'm sure the VR has also been timed at 0-60 somewhere in the region of 6.5 secs.

I had a similar problem... told my dad I was getting a VR and it'd be just as fast as his SLK and he tells me he's getting the brand new SLK that is way quicker :(

As for the Corvette... no. It might be quick, but it's no looker compared to the C :D