BarberG60

intermittent high rev misfire vr6

Took the vr out the other evening to be greeted by a strange misfire/hesitation

Happens at high revs, around 4k and feels like the car starts to hold back and stutter. It doesn't always do this, sometimes it revs up cleanly. At idle there is no stutter when revved but not under load.

Could a coil pack breaking down cause this? Plugs are brand new

Any suggestions for where to check first?

First i would check the leads are nice n tight , we know they can be a pain sometimes and you have to double check . Mine was doing this , igot home to find one just sitting on top of the plug Hence me pulling away and the car was lurching all over the place . Have a look at the coil pack when its dark , if you have a firework display ,the pack is stuffed . Check all connections to the pack as well .

Edited by robrado974

What plugs have you put in? I had something similar years ago when I tried something other than the standard (non-iridium) NGK plugs.

Best wishes

RB

They are Beru plugs that I have fitted. Would I be better replacing with NGK plugs? The old ones were Bosch

Top quality plugs are always best , but I can't see a new set of any make of plug causing a misfire . Less expensive plugs won't last as long that's about the only difference . I take it the other tests you have done , have not sorted it ? .