Hay guys I'm thinking ov turning my vr6 into a 4wd any suggestions on how to go about it? What I'll need, i hav a few mate who own a garage and their keen to do it for me they are very handy and can make anything thanks

Your a brave lad. I guess this will be a big job to do? and will be heavy on the old wallet ??

Edited by Ray1965

I'll be helping a mate do a 4WD conversion on his mk2 golf over the next *insert random time length here*, will help me decide if its worth it or not. Few people have done it and few ways you can do it, rallye/syncro boot pan is best bet but good luck finding one, if you do find one let me know! The corrado tunnel is apparently big enough to fit propshaft and exhaust unlike mk2's so thats a plus point, then you need full rear end setup (haldex or syncro stuff) plus gearbox and other stuff to go with it.

Depends how factory you want it to look and how good your fabrication skills are! If factory then Swifkids right, us syncro stuff with early Haldex, but the later stuff is much much better.