maff

Anybody know M385 PKL?

A friends got a chance of a corrado which appears to be a storm, anybody owned the above car or recognise the reg? And what is the green paint code they came in? I know it's only mystic in the blue. It's also coming up as a 1994 car and I thought all storms were 95, or were there a few 94's?

Cheers

I've just done a quick vehicle check and it was first registered on 10/12/1994, I'm sure I read somewhere there were some early storms?

It might be worth a call to VW to see if it was originally registered as a Storm. I don't know if they have records that go back that far but it's worth a try.

Mine was first registered in February 95 and was badged as a Storm, and first owned by the dealership. I've tried twice phoning VW HQ in Milton Keynes, and both times I've been told their records don't go back that far. Others have managed to get confirmation in the past though so its worth a try. I'll give it another go again at some point.

From what I've read previously Rob, Germany have no idea as the badges were put on by the dealerships in the UK. The second time I phoned, the guy was quite helpful and checked his system, spoke to his supervisor, and emailed a contact there before emailing me back a few days after, but said there were no details of the car here or in Germany as the records didn't go back that far. The first guy sounded like he simply couldn't be bothered to check and got nowhere other than him telling me the records only went back to the year 2k

It's definatly hit and miss when contacting vw, once I had a guy who was no help and then another who totally knew what he was doing and confirmed my old storm. Phoned them the other day and I had a bit of a letdown as the lad wasn't very helpfull but strangely told me to go online and visit vintagevwmuseum.de or whatever it's called and I could find out more info there??

Hi. Just googling my old cars and found this post!

This used to be my old car In the early noughties. I sold it in 2003 as I recall.

It is NOT a Storm model. Apparently the original owner wanted a Storm but they had all been reserved/sold out so he specced a standard VR6 as close to Storm spec as possible. Hence the classic green paint and cream leather.

Sounds like it still lives then?!

Well it does live sort of! Someone had reversed into it with a trailer on the passenger side but the chap still wanted £££ for it so I decided not to bother, shame to leave one behind though, was still salvageable, might still have the chaps number if you want your old car back dracoro?

No thanks, my Corrado days are behind me. Great car though! Was it still standard? Had it done many miles? I had it up to about 80k as I recall.

Googled my number plate and found this post, it still lives on I bought it a month or two ago.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Good luck with the VR6, it was a great car during my tenure, good to read that it lives on!

Your sig may need updating as it was a 1995 and classic green (same colour as the Storm model) :)

How many miles has it done now? Any pics?

3fc1563db33adf32b0e8a4d07425665d.jpg

fcc9cfcc61c78f3e8de5641514bc9caf.jpg I'll update my sig later :) on 137k miles had head gasket and others engine work done last year I was told by the chap I bought it off and still running well

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk