carrots

speed camera detectors

found out monday ive been caught doing 37mph in a 30 zone.i do a lot of driving everyday due to being a delivery driver.are there any speed camera detectors that do the job.mobile speed vans are the worst

I don't think any detector would give you enough warning of a mobile cameras radar.

I find the speed limiter on my qashqai really useful, I set that for 33mph in town and know I can't accelerate over that, I also use ulysee speedometer app on my android phone and you can set multiple speed warnings on that so it beeps at 33 and 44 for instance.

something that beeps if you go over the speed limit would be fine.i dont drive like a nutter but its so easy to just go over the limit in a 30 zone

Don't most satnavs have camera locations these days?

I'd be more tempted to concentrate more on not speeding tbh, especially seeing as your job kind of depends on you having a licence. :shrug:

I don't think any detector would give you enough warning of a mobile cameras radar.

I find the speed limiter on my qashqai really useful, I set that for 33mph in town and know I can't accelerate over that, I also use ulysee speedometer app on my android phone and you can set multiple speed warnings on that so it beeps at 33 and 44 for instance.

i like the idea of an app giving you warning bleeps but please dont be fooled by the old 10% myth - it has not been the case for many years

i know as i have been stung by it twice in the past (around 10 years ago), both by unmarked cars, first was a 33 in a 30 zone & 2nd time was a 32

fortunately my insurer was very understanding & did not increase my premium on either occasion, after some very 'nice' talk & chat about it

oddly enough i was reading about the below the other day....very expensive though...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11292895/Device-that-tells-drivers-when-police-are-nearby-faces-calls-for-a-ban.html

that looks good expensive tho,like i said i dont drive fast but its so easy to do just over 30mph in a 30 zone.has anyone got the snooper lynx gt lite

I use the 10% not because you can get away with it but because the car speedo overreads, sat nav, phone app and driving towards those smiley face speed signs all agree, most car speedos overread a bit, My mk4 golf is the best I've seen, shows 60mph when I'm doing 57 on the sat nav.

presumably if you got done by unmarked cars it was because you averaged 32/33 over a distance with them following you, I've only ever come across people being done by fixed cameras when doing 34 or more, in which case their speedo was probably showing more like 40 which is a fair cop in my mind?

Carrrots more importantly there may be a way out..... Google engineer who took a tape measure to the distance between the road markings and found that they were 3 inches too close together on the road. Meaning the speed recorded by the machine was wrong. He went to court and the judge immediately dismissed the case. Reported on the 15 Dec 2014. You never know...