Dan7690

Gas bonnet struts

I'm thinking of fitting some nice gas bonnet struts to my g60. Just wondered if anybody has done this yet and what's the best way to fit them?

Mk3 Golf boot struts and they can be fixed using the top bonnet mount and one of the bolts that secures the wing.

No its dead easy. You can use the strut ball joints in the place of the original securing bolts as they're the same thread size.

You're having a laugh aren't ya Sean - when I asked this a few years back I was told you had to drill here, tap there and watch out for the spot weld here, mind that there etc so I gave up. If it turns out to be this easy someone's gonna get a fist shaken at their profile...

Pretty sure it's exactly the same as the mk3 boys do it. Only other thing I haven't mentioned is to remove the rubber/Foam damper bit on the shut.

you done it shaun any pics? i looked into this as its a nice touch but i thought the same as jamie it would be a case of drill and brackets?

My mate did it to his and ended up taking them off as the weight of the bonnet just bent the struts!

Not on the Corrado I'm afraid chaps. I did it on my mk3 Golf and it's pretty much the same securing arrangements iirc.