deamon90002004

wishbones

hey all, i want to swap my wishbone bushes as im being pulled most ways, i want to swap the wishbones and bushes, but i keep hearing different things, i have a g60, but i wouldn't mind going slightly wider (if it's possible without swapping the subframe), but i don't want to use standard bushes, i was thinking something like power flex, so what do people say is best to use?

i've heard people use mk4 r32 or audi tt bushes

i've also read that some people have used passat or vr arms

i am feeling confused over the whole issue

The VR6 and later 5 stud cars all came with longer wishbones and driveshafts and wider wings to compensate for the extra track.

If you use poweflex type bushes the nvh will increase a lot but the geometry will remain consistent. If you fit R32 bushes, nvh will be at oem levels and the geometry will remain very good. The Corrado was known for its handling back in the day and that was with voided bushes. Upgrading to solid oem bushes can only improve that but without the harshness you'll encounter will poweflex bushes. They're also only about £15 each so good value too.

B&B Componants from Maidstone sell wishbones with the R32 bushes already fitted for £69.99. They also sell them on eBay. I was going to but some for mine after Christmas. Whilst you are replacing the wish bones you might as well change the ball joints too.:thumbleft: