Drucey

Help with headlight reflector.

Hi, my car had its mot this week and it was pointed out that the o/s light wasn't as good as the n/s light, I was looking at the reflectors in both and mine both look different. The n/s looks like a really shiny chrome reflector and the o/s looks more of a dull finish. The funny thing is the whole reflector looks the same colour (not just parts of it) is this meant to look like this or should they both be the shiny chrome finish? Thought Its best to ask before I go buying another. My car is the early style 1.8 16v any help would be brilliant here :) thanks

They should both be shiny chrome finish. Sounds like the reflective coating has broken down on one causing it to go dull. There are companies that can re-coat them but it's a tad expensive.It's something most of us will have to think about shortly though as 20-25 year old cars will really need it doing before long. A good condition replacement will suffice in the interim though and if your MOT is due, it's probably your best option for now mate.

It's passed the mot for this year but will need doing before the next one, who does the re-coat m8? Do you know the place? Might ring them up. If I get a second hand one its only going to go again before long :( thanks.